ACD pups 6 weeks old

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do they differ much from the kelpie???

The kelpie and the ACD do differ quite abit.

The kelpie is mostly smooth collie blood that has been selective breed to suit aussie conditions, very active breed well suited to large open plans comparable to the boarder collie for brains. kelpie is a heading dog

ACD was developed in the rangers around the hunter valley from some collie, smithfeild, dingo and bull terrier blood very suited to hunting up semi wild cattle from mountain country will push up and work the hardest of beast. ACD is a healing dog.

The to breeds crossed to gether make great working dogs.

Hope that helps oldskool

Stevemac

Dam of pups,she is carrying the pups in these pics.

Picture074.jpg

Picture073.jpg

A dog capable of ALL you say Whin is what was bred for and if anyone wonders why we used a Australian Cattle Dog then Comache and Stevemac have answered your question,why use anything else?.

Edited by fireman
Another update for those that have asked,6 weeks on thursday they were and doing well.All weened and growing fast,100% barf fed.

Picture260.jpg

Picture261.jpg

Picture262.jpg

Picture265.jpg

Picture266.jpg

Picture269.jpg

Picture270.jpg

Picture271.jpg

Picture273.jpg

Picture278.jpg

Picture279.jpg

Cute but not for the novice owner. :victory:

Absolute belters, would have one tomorrow, well done mate, any inclination to your choice yet, not easy as all look good, temperament, comformation, !!where do you start, haha. lots of interest on here, keep the photos coming.

Dam of pups,she is carrying the pups in these pics.

Picture074.jpg

Picture073.jpg

A dog capable of ALL you say Whin is what was bred for and if anyone wonders why we used a Australian Cattle Dog then Comache and Stevemac have answered your question,why use anything else?.

great looking pups you have there . i have a first x cattledogxgreyhound top dogs best of luck

Guest oldskool
do they differ much from the kelpie???

The kelpie and the ACD do differ quite abit.

The kelpie is mostly smooth collie blood that has been selective breed to suit aussie conditions, very active breed well suited to large open plans comparable to the boarder collie for brains. kelpie is a heading dog

ACD was developed in the rangers around the hunter valley from some collie, smithfeild, dingo and bull terrier blood very suited to hunting up semi wild cattle from mountain country will push up and work the hardest of beast. ACD is a healing dog.

The to breeds crossed to gether make great working dogs.

Hope that helps oldskool

Stevemac

thanks for the info mate.... we have a kelpie here but we'r just keepin it till the brother inlaw gets somethin sorted out for it... its about 8 months now and to be honest the f****r cant neither be told or taught :laugh: ... but he's still just a silly big pup

Thanks folks for the comments,have you any pics of your dog dooson and how have you got on with it please mate? and i think i'm keeping the bitch in the middle of the 3rd and 5th pic up from the bottom of the puppy pics Wild Rover she is on the right in the 2nd pic up as well,not to quiet,not to bold and she has always came and sat under my legs every time i go and feed or just to see them.The dog in the bottom pic has a nice even temprament,when i say that he is simular to my bitch in his ways,the red dog pup with the white diamond on his head is the lad in the litter and the patched faced bitch usally in the rear or peeking around a corner is the one who just likes to see whats going on before commiting herself,but she is comming out of her shell so to speek and getting bolder by the day.Would have made life easier to choose to have had a duffer or two in the litter but as you can see all of them are little belters,not that i'm moaning about having a good litter all the way through!.The first pic says a lot in there individual ways as it goes.Red dog out to see,the two drinking just being middle ground dogs and her at the back taking it all in then doing something after she's sure enough.