dog or bitch bull for bull x

how many of you lads have bred 1st crosses using a bull bitch..would have thought the usual way would be to use a greyhound bitch but i have a bull bitch and by using a greyhound stud a top class one could be sought rather than a flapping bitch given for free. my bitch about 21" will hunt like a foxhound and can run 10 miles behind a bike for fun. wont breed till next year and am a good mate of dave sleight but worried his stud dog would be a bit big .. maybe better with a large greyhound/whippet..your thoughts please

how many of you lads have bred 1st crosses using a bull bitch..would have thought the usual way would be to use a greyhound bitch but i have a bull bitch and by using a greyhound stud a top class one could be sought rather than a flapping bitch given for free. my bitch about 21" will hunt like a foxhound and can run 10 miles behind a bike for fun. wont breed till next year and am a good mate of dave sleight but worried his stud dog would be a bit big .. maybe better with a large greyhound/whippet..your thoughts please

Why not use his other stud dog [ blue ], it is got whippet in it , and he as worked it on most stuff,

and size wise i think its 23-24ins 40lb, just right for your bull bitch. Ask him ;);)

they can throw pups either way , some can make the size and weight and some can throw to heavy ;) if you breed from your bitch to a greyhoung i would keep all the pups as long as you can to make your choice in which 1 you want to keep

thanks for all replys

You mentioned her good nose and stamina but have you checked out the most important thinga bull should add to the bullcross GAMENESS. Funnyhow Dave sleigh is letting his dogs cover bulls and bullcrosses when a few years back he wrote that bulls were potential timebombs,maneaters and dogkillers and that there was no place for bull blood in the lurcher world.Money cant half make some people change their views.

You mentioned her good nose and stamina but have you checked out the most important thinga bull should add to the bullcross GAMENESS. Funnyhow Dave sleigh is letting his dogs cover bulls and bullcrosses when a few years back he wrote that bulls were potential timebombs,maneaters and dogkillers and that there was no place for bull blood in the lurcher world.Money cant half make some people change their views.

dont think dave has ever been in it for the money. i have known him since i was a nipper over 30 years when he used to go coursing with my dad so he would let me use one of his dogs regardless and is one of the best dogmen i have ever known. he could make a good dog out of a street mutt, the bitch has been tested as would a bullx lurcher would and by the time she is bred from probably a lot more than most. there is only one true test of a bulls gameness amd how many that produce the best bull crosses have been. probably 10% i would bet.

dont think dave has ever been in it for the money. i have known him since i was a nipper over 30 years when he used to go coursing with my dad so he would let me use one of his dogs regardless and is one of the best dogmen i have ever known. he could make a good dog out of a street mutt, the bitch has been tested as would a bullx lurcher would and by the time she is bred from probably a lot more than most. there is only one true test of a bulls gameness amd how many that produce the best bull crosses have been. probably 10% i would bet.

Yes he knows is stuff, but he did say bullxs were not the way to go with lurcher breeding.??