Had a stroke last week.........

Hi all,I've not been on for a bit,cos I had a stroke last week,I can tell you don't take things for granted,and,look after yourself.I thought I was fine,and,then 2 mins later....BANG! everything goes tits up,it could of been a lot worse though,but,I have been left with a lot of disrupted eyesight.I don't have a lot of peripheral vision on my left side at all,and,it is taking a long time to type this,cos I can only see half of the screen.Along with the eyesight I got this banging headache as well,and,the doctor has stopped me from driving,and,to be honest,I don't know if I will be able to drive long term either until I have a test later this year.I also have to have an 'Echo' heart test to see if I have a small hole in my heart,apparently 25% of the population have this hole and it is very small,but,can be sealed up with keyhole surgwery.In one way it will be good if I do have the hole and it can be operated on,then hopefully it will be the end of it???Things are on hold for me this season now,but,I do hope to get out for a bit of this and that as soon as possible,but,I do get vwery tired very quickly and have to have a rest every so often.

Well as I said,please look after yourself,cos,you just never know what is around the corner.............................................Martin.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest buster321c

Sorry to hear that Martin , im sure lots of people will be wishing you well and pray that you have a speedy recovery . Im sure it will be a slow road for you but by the time next is on us , you`ll be out again mate atb Buster

PS If there`s anything any of us can do to help im the meantime , just holler :thumbs:

Sorry to hear that Martin.

A mate of mine had a stroke at 15 (following a heavy night out - honestly). It takes a lot of work, but he got pretty much back to normal (normal is relative I suppose).

The docs told him never to drink etc ever again, He never stopped & is now mid 30's. When he is drunk he does drag his left leg a bit though.

Best wishes for your recovery.

Edited by spike

Sorry to hear that mate, my dad had exactly the same happen about 2 and a half years ago (only 38then) Lost about 10% of eyesight in left eye. had keyhole sergury for the hole in heart.

Stoped driving for life now.

It might seem bad now mate, but youll soon learn to compensate for it all. my dad still drives heavy plant machinery and so on at work.

if the clot went the wrong way it could have been a lot worse mate, just gota think how lucky you were.

Hope your ok, and get out plenty this season

ATB paddy

Hi Martin, i have had a vast experience with Stroke Patients Please read in your own time and as and when you can

here

http://www.stroke.org.uk/professionals/index.html

The road is rocking but i feel you have faired better then some , i wish you You well and things improve as time goes on

there is a lot of help out there dont be to proud to ask

all the very Best

Flynn

Hi Martin, i have had a vast experience with Stroke Patients Please read in your own time and as and when you can

here

http://www.stroke.org.uk/professionals/index.html

The road is rocking but i feel you have faired better then some , i wish you You well and things improve as time goes on

there is a lot of help out there dont be to proud to ask

all the very Best

Flynn

Thanks flynn I have put it in myu faves and will have a good read tomorrow