Hello! My name is Leah and I was born and raised in the US. I am an avid hunter along with the rest of my family. We are of Irish decent and would someday like to go to Ireland to see the land of our ancestors. Really our dreams consist of someday getting to move to Ireland to live. I would like to know about the hunting and fishing laws in Ireland. I am hoping to be able to surprise my boyfriend with a hunting trip to Ireland within the next year but want to be fully informed before I do. Could anyone help me? I just need an idea of what kind of restrictions I may be looking at.

Hello! My name is Leah and I was born and raised in the US. I am an avid hunter along with the rest of my family. We are of Irish decent and would someday like to go to Ireland to see the land of our ancestors. Really our dreams consist of someday getting to move to Ireland to live. I would like to know about the hunting and fishing laws in Ireland. I am hoping to be able to surprise my boyfriend with a hunting trip to Ireland within the next year but want to be fully informed before I do. Could anyone help me? I just need an idea of what kind of restrictions I may be looking at.

HI LEAH...what type of hunting and fishing of you wishin to do?

Well... Anything and Everything we can really. Here we hunt White Tail Deer, Mule Deer, Antelope, Turkey, Duck, Squirrel mostly. Fishing we usually are getting Bass, Crappie, Blue Gill, Perch, Trout, Various types of Catfish mostly. River fish since where we live that is all that is available to us. I grew up on the Gulf Coast and did a very little bit of ocean fishing when I was really young. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not sure specifically what we are wanting. We just want to do what we can. What the locals do.

Hi Leah, welcome to the forum.

Hunting in Ireland is done on horseback with a pack of hounds. What you are after is Shooting and fishing laws. You should also have a hard look at Firearms and Shotgun regulations.

Hunting in the UK is banned at present, there are some exceptions but that effectively is the law.

If you look at the Pinned Posts which appear at the top of each Forum item you will find a wealth of information, work of advice make sure it says it relates to the Law in Ireland (ROI).

do what the hell you want in ireland..........shame england aint that way, im guna go to ireland for a bit next year i think, one problem, i get sea sick haha

JPT we have some airports here now - no need to arrive by curragh anymore. Just go into any bar order a round and the locals will only be too happy to tell you all about hunting White Tail Deer, Mule Deer & Antelope.

Enjoy your trip

Eamonn

do what the hell you want in ireland..........shame england aint that way, im guna go to ireland for a bit next year i think, one problem, i get sea sick haha

JPT we have some airports here now - no need to arrive by curragh anymore. Just go into any bar order a round and the locals will only be too happy to tell you all about hunting White Tail Deer, Mule Deer & Antelope.

Enjoy your trip

Eamonn

aye but the dogs cant go on a plane can they?i would be taking the dogs with me

• 2 weeks later...