update from one out of my litter

this is a joke labs and Dalmations f**k off messing girls there is enough tubes in the lurcher gean pool already
Why, dalmations have good feet and good stamina, dont judge a book by its cover :no:

we must hunt diffrent things so as a dalmation would offer me nothing :bye:

What ever suits you :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rolleyes: most lads who do abit will tell you that one of the main factors in a good lurcher is that it has to be right in the head...... labs, and dalmations although have some factors are not right in the head enough to be of any use in a good lurcher where someone is looking for a good standard. if you trully belive they are you havent tested enough dogs to there limits...... and lets face it, if your not breeding from the best, you might aswell not bother if your looking for a true working dog.
:rolleyes: most lads who do abit will tell you that one of the main factors in a good lurcher is that it has to be right in the head...... labs, and dalmations although have some factors are not right in the head enough to be of any use in a good lurcher where someone is looking for a good standard. if you trully belive they are you havent tested enough dogs to there limits...... and lets face it, if your not breeding from the best, you might aswell not bother if your looking for a true working dog.

I agree with you, mine are not true working dogs, they do a huge range of sports and exercises, including hunting rabbits. For me thats enough. I was just saying what a lot of guys that have a far greater knowledge of lurchers than myself, have said about the Dalmation X, when they're seen her work, because it was topical to the thread.

im gald you have healthy fit dogs that you can use for a wide range of activities, i wouldnt knock your dog for what you want it for. im affraid im only intrested in true working dogs, and truthfully the dalmationx's dont have a place amongst them.

no point me aurguring with u two , as i see by your posts ye dont rely work dogs good luck in what ever u do with them :give_rose:
Well let me reasure you , the fact that am not shouting of the highest tower what my hunting exploits are is due to the law over here :D Edited by hollands hope

I think the only practical use for a Dalmatian in a working dog, would be a x with some type of scent hound. Dalmatians were bred for years as coach dogs, so they have bags of long distance stamina. I can't see what a Dalmatian would add to a lurcher though.

Just my opinion though.... :victory:

I think the only practical use for a Dalmatian in a working dog, would be a x with some type of scent hound. Dalmatians were bred for years as coach dogs, so they have bags of long distance stamina. I can't see what a Dalmatian would add to a lurcher though.

Just my opinion though.... :victory:

:victory: Iam not saying there the ultimate cross ,they just could add something :thumbs:

right so now you have your lab x whats your plans for the future, are you going to breed from one of the bitch pups in 4-5 years if they make it and whats your thinking of what you will put over it ,i,m guessing this is the start of some plan you have ? and best of luck with the pups

a lab does not have the same instinct as a bull.infact its compoletely difrent. labs are not breed to pitch into game which in realty is the reason for having a abull cross over most other crosses.

alos what will you be doing with your pups that requires the stamina that a lab possess over the entirely diffrent type of stamina that a bull xhas?

the bit im confused with is how someone can pick a pup from a litter that he has seen the parent working from (and im not saying there not good at what they do) when what they are breed to do are two VERY diffrent things.

im sure you have produced a very didable, loyal litter of pups, but in terms of working ability i cant imagen thed be anything more than average at either crosses origanl perpuse.

sorry, i should have said the lab isnt worked as a gundog, the lad who bought the pup is someone ive known for 20 odd years and he has seen my lab pre ban.

right so now you have your lab x whats your plans for the future, are you going to breed from one of the bitch pups in 4-5 years if they make it and whats your thinking of what you will put over it ,i,m guessing this is the start of some plan you have ? and best of luck with the pups

i have one bitch that caught my eye from the very start, the plan is to line her back to the dams brother.