A few hours out with the little black b*****d

Guest Magwitch

Guest Magwitch

Day off work today and a few hours to spare so took the little b*****d dog for a few hour's pugging on a local bit of pasture. First small bury was under a hawthorn bush and produced nothing so I made for the next set which is halfway up on a steep chalky hill. I cut the buries in half with the longnet and was just hoping for a bolt for the dog. Missed one rabbit which sneaked out the end of the bury and I only caught a glimpse as he made for safety, the first rabbit in the bag though came from a 1ft dig. Then we had a bolt, Ted was on his case and stuck with it all the way only to lose him in the next set. This set produced two rabbits one I dug to and the other was ran into the longnet by Ted. The final set I did was on the way back to the car it was just a two hole affair so wanting the dog to air his lungs I put me foot in one end and a ferret in the other. Heard a rumble then felt a thump under the boot, the rabbit turned bolted from the open hole and with Ted stuck to his arse like velcro making for the nearby hedgerow only to be snapped up by Ted's lightning strike. Still lots to work on but four for pot and a very enjoyable morning.............

DSC_0982.jpg

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_1017.jpg

DSC_1051.jpg

DSC_1058.jpg

DSC_1072-1.jpg

DSC_1073-1.jpg

DSC_1074-1-1.jpg

DSC_1082-1.jpg

DSC_1088-1.jpg

DSC_1083.jpg

DSC_1087.jpg

DSC_1106.jpg

Day off work today and a few hours to spare so took the little b*****d dog for a few hour's pugging on a local bit of pasture. First small bury was under a hawthorn bush and produced nothing so I made for the next set which is halfway up on a steep chalky hill. I cut the buries in half with the longnet and was just hoping for a bolt for the dog. Missed one rabbit which sneaked out the end of the bury and I only caught a glimpse as he made for safety, the first rabbit in the bag though came from a 1ft dig. Then we had a bolt, Ted was on his case and stuck with it all the way only to lose him in the next set. This set produced two rabbits one I dug to and the other was ran into the longnet by Ted. The final set I did was on the way back to the car was just a two hole affair so wanting the dog to air his lungs I put me foot in one end and a ferret in the other. Heard a rumble them a felt a thump under the boot, the rabbit turned bolted from the open hole and with Ted stuck to his arse like velcro made for the nearby hedgerow only to be snapped up by Ted's lightning strike. Still lots to work on but four for pot and a very enjoyable morning.............

DSC_0982.jpg

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_1017.jpg

DSC_1051.jpg

DSC_1058.jpg

DSC_1074-1-1.jpg

DSC_1072-1.jpg

DSC_1073-1.jpg

DSC_1074-1.jpg

DSC_1082-1.jpg

DSC_1083.jpg

DSC_1087.jpg

DSC_1106.jpg

hey magwitch cracking dog you got how old his he and what cross is he i got a whippet beddy me self and mean hes the spit of him or she.

hes eight month old <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< my little feller