your kills

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a good season this year, mainly bunnies with the occaisional wood pigeon.

latest one was a wood pigeon in my back garden, making my chicken skittish sitting above them, dropped it with one through the neck, must say really freaked the chikcen out that dropping in their run, just a warning to keep laying i think.

People always have and always will get on their high horse about shooting roosting pheasants. In my opinion you have no right to criticise another mans sport just because you dont like it. Have you ever been roost shooting? If the answer is NO then you have no grounds on which to base your opinion. Shooting rabbits on the lamp isnt hard but no one complains about that. Having shot both driven pheasants and roost shooting i personally enjoy roost shooting more. Dont get me wrong driven pheasants are ok but they are not as hard as alot of people make them out to be and the waiting for the beaters done my head in. Getting close to a roosting pheasant requires more fieldcraft than waiting for one to be flushed and then popping it off. :D

:notworthy::thumbs:

A fair point well made, I have noticed a distict amount of "snobbery!" in some of these forums.

Live and let live I say.

I work on the basis that what I shoot I eat or use for my ferrets. (I even keep the rabbit skins for boot liners)

Just because I don't agree with the wholesale murder of "easy" pheasant on driven shoots (or the price of the privilage) I don't think I am in any position to critisise someone elses "sport" (albeit easy).

Swampy

Baby rabbits have been seen on my shoot for the first time this year, I have a 50 acre plot to shoot on which is heaving with bunnies. I've counted over 25 large warrens on this shoot so it looks like summer time is gonna be a busy one for me :D

IMG_3457800x600.jpg

Timelord what is wrong with those rabbits? they look rather mangey.

there just wett

thought so but ones not so just checking cheers hiho.

On my shoot there's plenty of water and bogs so sometimes they take a swim after getting shot :lol:

a couple from last year

taz nice rabbits, there pretty fat! although not airgun, rimmy and shotgun. not wnating to dis shotgun shooting its a great enjoyable form of shooting but isent it a bit too easy? i mean ive done ishotgun shooting with a gamkeeper/flyshing instructor and he lets me blast a few bolting ones with his big fat 12 gauge, its neary imposibale to miss. after a while dont you just want the skill of stalking a rabbit with an airgun?

a couple from last year

taz nice rabbits, there pretty fat! although not airgun, rimmy and shotgun. not wnating to dis shotgun shooting its a great enjoyable form of shooting but isent it a bit too easy? i mean ive done ishotgun shooting with a gamkeeper/flyshing instructor and he lets me blast a few bolting ones with his big fat 12 gauge, its neary imposibale to miss. after a while dont you just want the skill of stalking a rabbit with an airgun?

arron your talking about stuff you dont understand again and to be honest mate im getting annoyed that you are cussing other sports that you havent really tried yet