any tips? urgent!!!!

You gotta laugh at some of the advice from the organic, lactose intolerant townies. Bread and milk has been the staple diet of many ferrets for hundreds of years.....now we hear people suggesting they must watch their sugar and salt levels. b*****ks they're ferrets not a vegan hippy couples only child.

i think you will find that for hundreds of years the staple diet of ferrets has been fresh meat and water...just because you may know a handfull of people that did or still do feed ferrets bread and milk doesn't mean that every ferret got fed that.

:wallbash:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see that there's people out there who know the workings of a ferret, they deserve the same respect as any working animal.

But how did the man who asked the original question know that it takes two days for his ferrets to empty their water bottle?

Horse, door, after and bolts spring to mind.

You gotta laugh at some of the advice from the organic, lactose intolerant townies. Bread and milk has been the staple diet of many ferrets for hundreds of years.....now we hear people suggesting they must watch their sugar and salt levels. b*****ks they're ferrets not a vegan hippy couples only child.

I'm sure if i kept u in a cage and fed u bread and milk you'd survive... but you certainly wouldn't thrive on it ;)

Great to see that there's people out there who know the workings of a ferret, they deserve the same respect as any working animal.

But how did the man who asked the original question know that it takes two days for his ferrets to empty their water bottle?

Horse, door, after and bolts spring to mind.

maybe because he has to fill their water bottle every 2 days?

I got a bit of advice from an old guy who is sadly no longer around and it seems to work i used it when i had a very week ferret kit you could say the runt of the litter and it was to feed it with warmed ambrosia creamed rice "that will put a back on it" he used to say i passed this info on to a friend that had rehomed a mal-nourished alsation and it seemed to work for it aswell

Used to send kids up chimneys too 'in the good old days'.

Crawl back to your cave. Things have moved on.

ok whats happened was iv been ill for a few days and havent been able to get near my ferrets havnt been able to got out of bed or anythng, my brother said he would look after them for me, well 4 days on iv managed to get out of bed and went out for a look at them, cage is absolutly manky, not a drop of water in the bottle (and it takes them 2 days to empty it) and the dish was still next to the bag of food in the shed the little shit hadnt looked near them :censored:

my 2 sandys thankfully wer just eager to get at the bottle and the food but my wee polecat jill is a bag of bones weak as hell, i sat and gave her some water through a syringe and shes had an egg but wont touch the food she cant stay on her feet for long, anyone got any other ideas on how to build her back up

im watching her evry hour and giving her water each time im out and a little bit rabbit but anyone got any other ideas o how to perk her up?

try giving her small pieces of liver,plenty of water and some goats milk,its not as heavy as cows milk and more natural than baby powder..if shes not improved overnight i recon get d vet 2 giv er a luk over..gud luck with it..n dnt let ur brother near ur ferrets again

ha 'there ferrets'..wat the hell makes a ferret so diffrent to a dog or any other working animal.they all nedd a good diet and u cant get a better diet than what theyd eat in the wild..a good veriaty of meat and fresh water..where the hell is a ferret guna get bread and milk?.c'mon use ur head like.

shes fine thankfully, obviously shes not going to be fine overnight but iv been feeding her the babyfood and mashed rabbit meat and shes perking up, still not useing the waterbottle so shes got a little dish

as for the folk on about milk she wont touch the stuff normally so shes not getting it when shes ill, i wouldnt even eat bread and milk so i wouldnt feed it to a ferret

shes fine thankfully, obviously shes not going to be fine overnight but iv been feeding her the babyfood and mashed rabbit meat and shes perking up, still not useing the waterbottle so shes got a little dish

as for the folk on about milk she wont touch the stuff normally so shes not getting it when shes ill, i wouldnt even eat bread and milk so i wouldnt feed it to a ferret

you'll find she'll drink more with the bowl anyways.. even when they're healthy... keep up the good work...at least you know she's suckin up some nutrition with the soup mix... you can try adding in a bit of ferret paste or multi vitamin to help boost her a bit as she heads back to healthy as well..