Deffective lamps and wiring

Im fed up with paying a fortune for lamps which after a short space of time, with use, become faulty.

Im not getting at over priced replacement parts, ie fuses at a few quid for 5 or bulbs at £ stupid prices. If you know where to look most parts can be obtained at a fraction of the price.

Why would you spend £70 plus on a lamp and then rewire it?

Myself and others i know have been through countless wiring leads, All within warranty but yet have broke or become faulty. I have sent some back within warranty, which have been replaced. Some however, have not due to being missused?? :hmm: ( i dont tow my motor with them )

I am not wanting to run a poll or name and shame the brands. What i wish to know is your individual problems ( regarding lamps only, not your cross dressing or what you get up to in your spare time :icon_eek: )

I have had the same defects regularly occour, often the same problem with a particular brand.

If most of the faults are common then surely the suppliers need telling. Telling that we are fed up of being sold expensive crap, which you can rely on will break 6 months on. If they are not told you will continue buying the same old cheap rubbish.

Lets have your views

Guest hpool_hunter

with me LIGHTFORCE - know exactly whats wrong - but have they or will they do something about it - NO , reason been , so you spend more money . im sure they have had countless complaints - but still - no change :hmm::no:

with me LIGHTFORCE - know exactly whats wrong - but have they or will they do something about it - NO , reason been , so you spend more money . im sure they have had countless complaints - but still - no change :hmm::no:

I agree fully that they want more hard earned from you, but whats the common fault?

Guest JohnGalway
Why would you spend £70 plus on a lamp and then rewire it?

What i wish to know is your individual problems

Because it's got the best beam I've ever seen, suits my needs, and is lightweight.

Problems encountered, faulty switch, melted connections, melted fuse holders, broken wires.

I suppose you could compare the brand of lamps I use - from what I hear - to landrovers. They do what I want better than anything else, but you gotta know how to fix'em ;)

Don't Clulite give out soldering irons with their lamps anymore?

light force..had a few problems with the wiring but they have the best beam...had my clulite for years and years and apart from a resister (60p) inside burning out its been great..

Got to agree that the Lightforce build quality and wiring is questionable to say the least,and i know that myself umerous friends and other forum members have emailed them to point out these problems so im sure they are aware.Thing is though,the light output and beam are far superior to anything else on the market,so folk will still continue to buy the lamps.I have both a clulite and a striker,clulite is very robust but the beam is no match for the striker.Now a lamp with clulites build quality and robustness,and the lightforce beam would be brilliant. :thumbs:

Guest hpool_hunter
Got to agree that the Lightforce build quality and wiring is questionable to say the least,and i know that myself umerous friends and other forum members have emailed them to point out these problems so im sure they are aware.Thing is though,the light output and beam are far superior to anything else on the market,so folk will still continue to buy the lamps.I have both a clulite and a striker,clulite is very robust but the beam is no match for the striker.Now a lamp with clulites build quality and robustness,and the lightforce beam would be brilliant. :thumbs:

gap in the market there :tongue2: - would make a killing

gap in the market there :tongue2: - would make a killing

Good point mate,we'll be business partners. :clapper:

I was just about to write a post about the same subject, i went out 2 weeks ago for a lamp and when i go out i always bring my 2 lamps in the car just incase something happens lancer and striker, anyway off i went about a hour into lamping and a good bit away from the car turned the light on and a fox in the next field got over the gate tried 2 turn the light on nothing not a f*****g thing messed about with the wires it was like a disco in the field wires had broke and were only touching now and then so it was back to the car for the other light luckey i brought it. anywhay got the other light and headed off in another direction about half a hour lamping turned the light on mister red in the field started to call fox coming lovely next thing light started flashing couldnt beleave it same f*****g thing wires gone again i was freaking out in the field how could 2 lights go in the same nite with the same problem. went out the other nite and same again wires broke iv yellow tape now all over them keeping them together more than likely it will happen again..a mate of mine told me to re wire it with the wire off a iron dosent sound like a bad idea..

Lightforce are well known for problems and although I don't actually have any, I have experienced assorted problems with them first hand whilst out with a shooting buddy who has 2 of them.....I run a Deben Mini Pro (about 8-9 years old), rewired several times but still going strong, and a much newer Deben Max Pro!!

Build quality on these is definately not the best but they are easy to fix, and they are of course a LOT cheaper than the Lightforce, and in my opinion much more reliable and much better VFM! :thumbs:

Guest JohnGalway
I was just about to write a post about the same subject, i went out 2 weeks ago for a lamp and when i go out i always bring my 2 lamps in the car just incase something happens lancer and striker, anyway off i went about a hour into lamping and a good bit away from the car turned the light on and a fox in the next field got over the gate tried 2 turn the light on nothing not a f*****g thing messed about with the wires it was like a disco in the field wires had broke and were only touching now and then so it was back to the car for the other light luckey i brought it. anywhay got the other light and headed off in another direction about half a hour lamping turned the light on mister red in the field started to call fox coming lovely next thing light started flashing couldnt beleave it same f*****g thing wires gone again i was freaking out in the field how could 2 lights go in the same nite with the same problem. went out the other nite and same again wires broke iv yellow tape now all over them keeping them together more than likely it will happen again..a mate of mine told me to re wire it with the wire off a iron dosent sound like a bad idea..

I get my cable in a car shop, not a city car shop but one in a village. I told them what I needed, cable that goes from a 12volt whatever amp battery to power a whatever watt bulb :yes: Hey presto I have good, non curly cable. You really do need to get a cheap soldering iron from Maplins and some solder, also new connections and DIY the job. I've four Lightforce lamps and since I've done them myself they never put a foot wrong.