elvers

Guest bigredbusa

They arent extortionately priced,but they dont carry a decent line in stock and their claims of searching and negotiating in PRC for the best stock was baloney IMHO,they should actually expand,crayfish-traps of several types,fyke-nets,different types and sizes of cast-nets and a decent instructional DVD showing catches as the movie clips on their site are cribbed from YOUTUBE :icon_eek:

http://www.castnets.co.uk/

Hmmm .... you've got me interestred now. What net would you recomend for uk use? i've seen them used in lots of countries and always fancied the idea but never had the chance to have a go. What diameter and mesh size for instance? :thumbs:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We never fish with nets here,its illegal in freshwater UK,but it depends what your fishing for,what type of water?Cast & Gill are the commonest,so I have been told :)

Edit......Dont get yourself a 16 foot cast,10 is perfect,wait till your comfortable with that then decide if you want to super-size,like I said,depends what your after and the water your fishing,ideal for collecting sprat,sandeels etc along the shore. :victory:

Edited by mackem
anyone ever tried netting these ? i know its a certain time of the year and they always show it as hard work is it just up north the run comes in ?

Hiya bigred... its not just down south! And its not just in the north pal. There are bigger runs depending on the river. Some are more equipped for them than others....They are now realizing this, and building running ladders and better access in certain rivers....

anyone ever tried netting these ? i know its a certain time of the year and they always show it as hard work is it just up north the run comes in ?

Hiya bigred... its not just down south! And its not just in the north pal. There are bigger runs depending on the river. Some are more equipped for them than others....They are now realizing this, and building running ladders and better access in certain rivers....

Why don't use build brigdes instead :wallbash: , No mate tell us more a step up in the right direction no pun intended

Edited by nelson1
We never fish with nets here,its illegal in freshwater UK,

They should put that on the packet, I had the wrong end of the stick. Looks like I will be traveling a fe mile down river after a few salmon then :victory: Can you use multi mono on fresh water? I've just been looking for a clip on youtube of salmon netting. I'm sure I've showed you before but the net Is packed and there's even fish falling out the net as there pulling It In!

You showed me that,its Canadian,its in a wide estuary or just outside the river mouth?Not allowed to net-salmon on a river in the UK,big no-no :no: We are fly-fishing this weekend,as LG informs us,its "Intimate" :D

I thought I did. I was amazed at the number of fish In the net but can't seem to find the clip now on the tube. Looks like I'll have to move just Into salt water then. Bit difficult knowing were one starts and finishes....

I have a feeling It will be VERY INTIMATE indeed. Is MB joining you? You got all the fishing gear you needed in the end?