minshaw myth or not

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has been a big litter of pups with some of that breeding

so it might be true.

but easy to say that now with alot that know about the breed.

and might be a lie.

but the blood is definatly over here.

not sure how diluted and not sure who has it either.

hope this is some help.

macker

Guest joe ox

ASD'S dog Jack which is a line bred Minshaw dog served a bitch from Ireland and Iam told the pups turned out very well. Iam sure the dogs what are in Ireland will be getting a mention in the book about to be written on the Minshaw line.

Edited by joe ox
ASD'S dog Jack which is a line bred Minshaw dog served a bitch from Ireland and Iam told the pups turned out very well. Iam sure the dogs what are in Ireland will be getting a mention in the book about to be written on the Minshaw line.

when will this book be out and were will i get hold off one mate

when will this book be out and were will i get hold off one mate

id like to now to mate

we have two bitchrs bred out of full blue minshaw dog ( now descesaed ) bred by Don Smith of Tyndsey.

Some of these pups did go across to ireland - -and a couple came back..........here they are, owned by me and my cousin

I not trying to be biast either, but these are pretty special bitches, doing everythign asked of them, single haned.

These bitches will be just over 2 years old - - - not saying we're talking about the same litter, but certainly seems likely.

here they are:-

post-6717-1223289527.jpg

post-6717-1223289563.jpg

post-6717-1223289579.jpg

post-6717-1223289615.jpg

post-6717-1223289649.jpg

We are in regular contact with the man from Ireland, he brought the bitch over from Ireland to get mated with Jack and she did have 16 pups that all survived, none of them have ever left Ireland and he keeps them close to himself and only gives them to family and friends, he is a very quiet man, but works his dogs alot, we are pleased that the Minshaw strain is over in Ireland and are doing so well :good:

Paul in NL, do you know the breeding of the sire of your pups?

This is Jack, he is now 11 years old

PIC_000444.jpg

No mate - only that it was a solid blue minshaw dog, that was owned by Don Smiths pal, that lined his half minshaw bitch.......I got a picture somewhere, he was a cracking looking animal that has died subsequently aged about 9.

I understand that couple of pups went across to ireland, one came back (to me), and he kept a blue pup which he later sold for £700.00 after eveyone was trying to pull his arm for it.

I had his no- but hes changed it I think, as I cant get throught to him - me cousins more in the know as he bought them originally and took the one I now own across the pond to a mate of his. -- I'l ask him later :victory:

Edited by Paul in North Lincs
I'll just add my tuppence worth in here without setting off a =@ if at all possible.A friend of mine from Southern Ireland did have a top lamping bitch mated by my dog Jack as stated correctly by Joe Ox and she did have 16 pups to him.The fella is one of those who likes to remain in the background but he works his dogs to the hilt and they take some game over there so i'd be pretty sure the stories you've heard jack lee are truthful and not myth.As for the book well it's on the way,i'm sure controversary won't be far away but thats nothing other than i expect.It should be out this time next year and will be published by J.DARCY books :victory: Cheers Andy. :boogy:

WELL ASD ,

I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE BOOK PUBLISHED .............

I HOPE ITS A TRUTHFUL ACCOUNT OF THE MINSHAW SAGA ............. " WORTS AND ALL "

AS THERES BEEN TOO MANY PLUMMER " TYPE " WORKS OF FICTION WHICH ARE NOTHING MORE THAN SALES PITCHES

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Guest Top Chalker

I think the book will a great read , breeding pics etc , keep the storys real and no one will be able to criticize it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen Joe Oxs old dog and he still looks impresive at his age , more so for the fact he hasnt been run for a good few years , im sure he will look a bit fitter if he is going to star in the book :weight_lift2: :D:D:D:D;) and Joe if your getting your pic taken ffs dont wear them DUNLOPS :clapper:

Guest bob bunny basher

i was always one to take the piss and wind asd up,and jump on the band wagon everytime there was a minshaw thread,but after speaking to joe and a few lads that are real that joe has it with,i know it was wrong of me,i hear your a sound lad andy and we got of on the wrong foot,all the best fella with the book

im not familar wif minshaw lines can any 1 help me out as 2 the breedn i.e whippt grey collie etc

thanks

Top and bottom of it mate is that they are just line bred best to best lurcher x lurcher :victory: .So the above breeds you've mentioned are all chucked in the mixer :drink: .Cheers Andy.

cheers mate gud luck

so it must be true about these pups been in ireland,i am told the old boy that keeps them lamps the bollox out of them,and puts some amount of game away :notworthy: ,i was trying to find out who he was , i get so far then i am met with a wall of silence,which led me to believe this was only fairy stories i was hearing.he must run one very tight ship to remain that elusive although i was told he was public enemy number 1 with the game wardens and keepers, maybe i will ask them,