Guest Ditch_Shitter

Moll. the craic is that young birds eat insects while the adults eat seeds, ok? BUT, we feed seeds n stuff to the adults, even as they rear the young, because that saves them searching for Both. See? Like someone getting your dinner ready for you, as you get your dogs dinners together. Gives the parents a break.

Feed the birds all year round - they could always do with it :yes:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a walk out on some permission for a few rabbits today, and spotted a young kes, spooked him from a tree, he ended up crashing into a fence and doing a sharp exit after I'd taken a couple of photos :o .

THERE ARE LOTS OF RED KITES WHERE I LIVE I HAVE SEEN AS MANY AS TEN HOVERING OVER ONE FIELD JUST OUT SIDE OF GREENSIDE THEY HAD A BIG RELEASE PROGRAM A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND THE BIRDS SEEM TO HAVE ESTABLISHED THEMSELVES THESE BIRDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CARRION FEEDERS BUT THERE ISNT ENOUGH ROAD KILLS TO FEED THE AMMOUNT OF BIRDS UP HERE, :o JUST MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT THEY DO FEED ON :whistle: THEY ARE NICE TO WATCH AND THEY HOVER REAL CLOSE UP HERE SO YOU CAN GET A REAL GOOD LOOK :good: GOOD HUNTING ALL WOODGA :ph34r:

Edited by woodga
:clapper: I'm working up in High Wycombe which is the Chilterns and on my way home see quite a lot of Red Kites and Ive got to say what a magnificent bird of prey they are brilliant soarer's spiraling up and up in the thermals any one else seen as many?

im about 8 miles away from high wycombe and every morning i have about 15 stacked above my cottage and from my garden i can see 2 or 3 nests

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:( That really was one sick little owl, wasn't it? As you can see, it hadn't been preening itself so was obviously in a right sh*t state.

Could have been natural, old age, I guess? I'd hate to think it had picked up anything loaded with pesticide or anything like that. Though, being small stuff feeders, I kinda doubt that.

My favourite owls them. Always fancied keeping one. Mate had one (CBCR, of course) and it shot across the floor and up the curtains! :laugh:

Guest MOLLY

Got some new visitors, excuse the quality but they are taken from the cottage window.

A family of Woodpeckers.

And this bird ive never seen here before?

MOLL.