Bullx's day time deer (PRE BAN)

Of course bull x's can take daytime deer. Havent the foggiest why people reckon they cannot :blink:

I dont know your deer thats why I say what I say. I have never seen a bullcross here in the states that would have the speed nor endurance to do it. Plus, just knowing what I know about the speed and endurance of our deer, it just would not be possible.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when somebody shows me a bull cross that can catch a white tail deer, I will believe it.
or a average fallow in the day in a big field with no hedges to stop it . Edited by MY LAW
Bullies are like marmite, you either love them or hate them.
they are also made to look slow when it comes to open fields and fallow deer in the day. ;)

WHO NEEDS A BULL X WHEN THE OWNER IS FAST ENOUGH , ................. KEEP TRAINING MY LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bullies are like marmite, you either love them or hate them.
they are also made to look slow when it comes to open fields and fallow deer in the day. ;)

Whatever, i bow to your experience of ALL THINGS to do with dogs :notworthy: if you say it, it must be right. Ill say no more on the matter checkIt.gif

cant help it ,this is what you get to see when you live the life ,nothing like reality and hands on experience [but there is always the exeption to every rule]or as we say [lucky one ]

im not getting into any arguments here, ive got a half bred bull/grey, and he has run a lot of deer accidentally whilst out rabbiting! To be very honest, he simply dosent have the speed to take them regularly in the daytime!!!

I have some good friends who used to run roe most days, they swear by saluki/grey/collie and they take a heavy tally throughout the year!!

It is f**k all to do with what type/breed is in the mix ! it's more to do with the parents, whether collie, bull, saluki or any other blood you'd care to mention...........

Get a grip people !

Quote:

hey swear by saluki/grey/collie and they take a heavy tally throughout the year!!

Bollocks !

As I say, the parents will tell you what you need to know.

I owned a half cross bull that I later sent up to Lucky off this site who would catch any deer you put him behind, so competent was he but any GOOD Saluki cross would've been better!

It's all about breeding and technique...........plain and simple !

Edited by Brummy
It is f**k all to do with what type/breed is in the mix ! it's more to do with the parents, whether collie, bull, saluki or any other blood you'd care to mention...........

Get a grip people !

Quote:

hey swear by saluki/grey/collie and they take a heavy tally throughout the year!!

Bollocks !

As I say, the parents will tell you what you need to know.

I owned a half cross bull that I later sent up to Lucky off this site who would catch any deer you put him behind, so competent was he but any GOOD Saluki cross would've been better!

It's all about breeding and technique...........plain and simple !

so what you are saying is that it is bred into them ,if the parents can do it the pups will when they are worked . Edited by MY LAW

personally i've found a lot of bull crosses are hang on anywhere merchants,making a lot of the carcass inedible in the process.my past experience with saluki types has usually resulted in minimal damage to the beast,resulting in more edible meat,which is what we want aint it. ;)