Bullx's day time deer (PRE BAN)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hpool_hunter
my mate says hpoole hunter tah tyou can ring him and ask him if it will lol

i can say my sisters chuawa thing could do daytime hares mate , doesnt mean a thing . :tongue2:

thanks also for the PM , but your saying through PM this dog is a daytime hare dog also , and can post the PM to prove what you said - and saying put money on it , mate your 16 year old - you obviously dont have a clue , im not knocking the bullx , im just stating your saying it will get faster and it WONT .

• 1 month later...

You already know my views on this Benj, I don't rate bull x's during the daytime, on the lamp however they will and can deal with most things,IMO a good saluki x will do what most bull crosses can't but thats just my opinion. Ive been talking to dave today, we're gonna put my 'blue' dog over 'meg' next time she comes into season, we'll be taking a pup each, and if there's more you're welcome to one,you've seen these dogs perform a good few times so you know what to expect, should be good alround day and night dogs... ;)

blue.jpg

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
You already know my views on this Benj, I don't rate bull x's during the daytime, on the lamp however they will and can deal with most things,IMO a good saluki x will do what most bull crosses can't but thats just my opinion. Ive been talking to dave today, we're gonna put my 'blue' dog over 'meg' next time she comes into season, we'll be taking a pup each, and if there's more you're welcome to one,you've seen these dogs perform a good few times so you know what to expect, should be good alround day and night dogs... ;)

blue.jpg

Aye mate I was speaking to him aswell he said. Should get some good pups back but I got one lined up allready matey. We will see though I might get temped and take two pups on :thumbs:

if it was just deer on the right type of land pure greyhound all day long there animals on them but that int what you asked deerhound/greyhound would be my choice or a pup out of parents thast do the job already time and time again no matter what the cross but im not knocking bull x i like them iv got a bull x pup here good luck.

I have a good friend of mine that has one of the nicest bull crosses that you could find and I think he would probably tell you that she would not have the speed nor stamina to catch a white tail here in the states. She is truly amazing but she has her limitations. Of course, I know nothing of your deer nor do we really do any lamping much here. Strictly day dogs for the most part but some do lamp some and I believe he does some himself or at least has with his bull cross. I think if she was bred to a nice stag here though that offspring might could do it. I sure do like them bull crosses though. Very rough dogs if you got a good one.

first off,you dont need a dog thats the canine equivalent of mike tyson to stop a roe,which, living where you do will probably be the deer you'll be running.

secondly,in my experience,most well bred lurchers,if entered correctly ,will tackle them no problem.over the years i've owned collie,bull,deerhound and saluki lurchers all took deer,some where just better at it than others.for the day job,my choice would be saluki cross.your almost guaranteed the speed and the stamina to see the job through to the finish where other crosses will usually fade after a few fields persuit.all will take them on the lamp mind.

first off,you dont need a dog thats the canine equivalent of mike tyson to stop a roe,which, living where you do will probably be the deer you'll be running.

secondly,in my experience,most well bred lurchers,if entered correctly ,will tackle them no problem.over the years i've owned collie,bull,deerhound and saluki lurchers all took deer,some where just better at it than others.for the day job,my choice would be saluki cross.your almost guaranteed the speed and the stamina to see the job through to the finish where other crosses will usually fade after a few fields persuit.all will take them on the lamp mind.

I would say you are right on there. The only thing is, most the Salukis I have seen were obviously show bred and they just werent put up like a dog that has been tested in the field over the last hundreds of years. I seen some though in some pics here recently from some other countries like Kazakistahn though that were built right and you could just tell they could run for days. They were deep chested but also had well sprung ribs and were long lagged and squarely built but not over board. Just looked like good running dogs that could get er done under control though at all times. I would think one of them dogs could take deer fairly easy.