LAID OFF

Guest markbrick1
just been laid off work,so was just wondering if anyone has a job for a bricklayer,its looking pretty grim in the building trade at the moment.

not good mate back in the 80s we used to follow the block wagons and brick of coarse and ask for work at there port of call is it that bad?and have they dropped prices yet???

Guest fight the ban
just been laid off work,so was just wondering if anyone has a job for a bricklayer,its looking pretty grim in the building trade at the moment.

your lucky to last this long mate ive been out of work on sites since november and not picked me trowel up since march

not good mate back in the 80s we used to follow the block wagons and brick of coarse and ask for work at there port of call is it that bad?and have they dropped prices yet???

its pretty bad round here theres jobs advertised in london and scotland but il only use them as a last resort,ive not heard of any price drops yet, ive been with the same firm for 6 mnth but they laid me off on tuesday been doing industrial units not houses thats why i think ive lasted so long.hope its get sorted soon,but i wnt hold my breath,good luck to all the brickies and trades. :victory:

Have strugled myself over last month for work as sparky.Landed 2 months in front of me.Got a handfull of work mates all out of work and a few builders on my street are out of work.Reallt seems bad.As a youngster looking to buy my own place as house prices are levelling off/Slowly dropping the work is cancelling it out by drying up.

the contracting game is bad at the mo. THere is a lot of lads being paid off. Luckily for me im contracting for a council, and there is about 5 years work signed up.....

I'd just take any job you can for now "DFEE" and when contracting picks back up, get yourself back onto it ;) best of luck

im a bricky here in ireland and things are rock bottom everyone cutting each others thoarts prices are shite,all the ploish are workin for nothing and we cant pick up anything,im doing 2/3 days a weeks and small jobs bear;y kepoing my head above water,,,,dame forigeners

was thinking bout going to canada or oz if things get any worse,this time last year we were turning down work left right and center

ive got the forms here for canada,but dnt no if i want to go or not just found out the girlfriends pregnant so thats thrown a spanner in the works,and with the major banks going bust in america the building trade will probably be just as bad in canada.

im a bricky here in ireland and things are rock bottom everyone cutting each others thoarts prices are shite,all the ploish are workin for nothing and we cant pick up anything,im doing 2/3 days a weeks and small jobs bear;y kepoing my head above water,,,,dame forigeners

was thinking bout going to canada or oz if things get any worse,this time last year we were turning down work left right and center

ive got the forms here for canada,but dnt no if i want to go or not just found out the girlfriends pregnant so thats thrown a spanner in the works,and with the major banks going bust in america the building trade will probably be just as bad in canada.

Australia might be a better bet pal,feel sorry for your situation right now,just remembered i tried to get the steplad to finish

his bricklaying course last year but he dropped out,oh well nothing lost there then,dfee what other skills do you have apart from laying the bricks,i might be able to offer you some house improvement work but it depends on your skills /knowledge etc,can you put a new window in a wall that has no window,if so and the price is right and the job is done right i will give you the work?Or maybe you know someone who can help you with it,pm me if you think it can be sorted,all the best pal,

Higgins.

Sorry to hear about you guys who've been laid off. I'm a plumber and just about managing to get work, we've just been given 3 weeks work but after that i'm not so sure? just got to stay positive and hope for the best. Surely things can only get better. This country is in a mess :wallbash: shoot all the peado's and send back the imigrants and i reckon things may get better? but until then hopefully we'll all be able to keep our heads above water!

just had a phone call got a start in 3 week but the work is in sunny scotland,so if nowt comes off down here in the next 3 week thats were il be going.not ideal but its a job.

not so bad a place, but it definately aint sunny at present.... :thumbdown::thumbdown:

where's you work?

Matt

i was laid off last week aswell bud i was doing my trade as a fitter like a dog. cant find work anywhere

and my brother is a brick layer of 15 years and he works in my dads pub now doing shit hours for shit money and thats were im off to tonight how exciting....

Edited by nbk