Exremely Conditioned Pitbull

bill88

I can't say how fast he was actually running but the speedometer on my truck ranged from 25-30 during theses runs and he stayed withing 50M of the truck. the run was 6 miles out and 6 miles back. in the summer(high humidity and over 90), if he wasn't feeling well from the heat he'd drop into a puddle to cool off. i'd wait for him to be ready again and off we'd go. obviously he had to build up to this as he grew. as a pup he ran and played. i started running him w/ me when he hit 9 months. at first just a couple miles until we got to doing 5-7 3 days a week plus an 8-12 on the weekend in the off season. but then my running speed wasn't fast enough to work him, so i switched to roading. because of the higher speed i started off at 6 miles again for a couple of weeks then went to 7, 10 and finally 12.

Everyone else

the white dog is a dogo argentino bred by a very nice fella down in Argentina goes by the handle Dogoman. for reference the longdog was 29 tts and 66#, the red dog was 23 1/2" tts and 76# in the pic, the dogo (Mikey) was 27-28 and 112#. a magnificent beast extremely impressive catchdog. on this particular hog he had a poor set when he caught and the hog ran him over but he hung on to the ear. i was coming from a different direction having just got my two off another hog. when i saw mikey get plowed under i turned out Jack (the red dog). jack caught on the opposite "arm pit" and Mikey's owner Aaron stabbed the hog. the vest is infact a protective cut vest. on the hunt previous to this one, Mikey had gotten cut under his chin almost to his neck. Aaron's lovely wife Jill insisted he buy a vest because she "didn't want her baby getting killed by some stupid hog!" Mikey is an absolute darling w/ the family's two daughters and the house cat.

also a couple of weeks ago Aaron was walking Mikey when they saw a fella running from a lady in a police uniform. Mikey keyed in on the whole scene and Aaron let him grab the fella and hold him for the Lady. it turned out the guy had just hit and run from TWO vehicle accidents (injuring people) and the lady chasing him was a police dispatcher who witnessed the last accident. he also apparently had warrants out on him for similar offenses. the police are supposed to be giving him an official letter of gratitude. just a very good dog. he does have a peculiarity though in that he talks in growls. when he wants to be petted he rubs against your leg and growls his happy growl. happy, sad, tired all growls, no barking. i haven't heard his angry growl and would prefer not to. it's disconcerting at first but once you get used to it it's no big deal.

Nice catchdog Pops, I thought he was a Dogo, I also like this Vest for him as it should atleast protect your catchdogs Very Nice

Also just wanted to find out if you know where dogoman is now as he is not on the forums anymore & i used to love his hunting stories...

Guys this dogoman would tell you the stories of him hunting with his dogos ( usually pics showing four or five ) & them running with him on horseback in the mountains of argentina for upto 40 yes 40 miles a day & still catching a little piggy for lunch ( now thats a dog ) & i remember one really funny story of one of his dogo's that escaped & when he found a couple of days or weeks later he was fatter than when he left.... lol

Brings me onto a good point "why are dogos banned in england?" there not a fighting breed like some believe & can live quite happily in packs, is it the fact it looks like a leggy American Bulldog or some would say leggy Pitbull or the fact england does not like argentina lol?? I do wonder sometimes as all my favourite breeds of dogs are banned like the Fila ( i have seen a couple first hand & this is my dream dog ) second would be a dogo if i had alot of land to hunt & work on & third would be a proper pitbull ( not like my silly "pitbull type" dog when really she is nothing like a proper American Pitbull Terrier yet the stupid authorities insist on having her tattoed & microchipped... What a messed up world when we have police bothering you about your dog & there are a million stabbing per week lately :icon_eek: Glory Glory England ( maybe not )

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

dont deserve the title game-dog on its picture as far as im aware the dog isnt workd. The dog at the start of the orginal post is a lovely looking dog but as far as we know thats all it may be so dont have respect for the dog, although i respect the owner for putting in such work to get the dog in some serious condition.

Guest Eamon.Mc
dont deserve the title game-dog on its picture as far as im aware the dog isnt workd. The dog at the start of the orginal post is a lovely looking dog but as far as we know thats all it may be so dont have respect for the dog, although i respect the owner for putting in such work to get the dog in some serious condition.

So what work do you do with your dog then? :hmm:

Looking at it's pic, as far as your'e aware the dog is'nt worked?

You know much about the dog then?

Enlighten us please?

Just genuine questions.

The dog is a ADBA registered pitbull , the show type pitbull. Just like sanctioned KC shows in the UK the ADBA is a registry for pitbulls to strut their stuff. I believe the dog is nothing more than a pet and show dog, a few weight pulls but nothing else. I remember reading about the dog before on a pitbull forum but cant find the info for the life of me.

Another specimen ( ADBA show pitbull ) below:

angusmusclepic3.jpg

The owners are very dedicated i will give them that !

THIS DOG'S NAME IS THUMPER'S GATE CRASHER...HE IS A GAME DOG AND A PRODUCER OF GAME DOGS...HE IS A SHOW CHAMPION TRUE...HE IS DOWN FROM REDTIDE'S CRASH WHO WAS ONE OF THE GAMEST IN HIS TIMES.GATE CRASHER IS A 50% HOLLINGSWORTH, 50% REDBOY CROSS..THIS IS ANOTHER PIC... 4b207d29.jpg .....DANIEL Edited by POSSUM