North East Lurcher club

Been thinking for a bit now about the fact there doesn't seem to be a North East Lurcher Club, i know that it was a lurcher club that brought about the Lurchermania DVD's, Harelaw i think it was called???

Anyway what i was wondering, is would people want to see one set up and be interested in joining such a club and if they were, what sort of things would they expect to gain from being a member..................

A show??? Only working dog members???? open to all??? Competitions??? regular meets???? contacts for nights/days out??? challenging other clubs in lurcher comps etc etc..........

What are your thoughts?????????

if i had a dog i'd be up for becoming a member maybe in a couple of years if it takes off atb :victory:

compitions like the one being held now, few ideas of other compitions that could be held too best pup, best bitch and dog under 23", best bitch and dog over 23", best lurcher in the club, best allrounder etc . . .

a show for working dogs sounds good to

Edited by ferretingkid
Been thinking for a bit now about the fact there doesn't seem to be a North East Lurcher Club, i know that it was a lurcher club that brought about the Lurchermania DVD's, Harelaw i think it was called???

Anyway what i was wondering, is would people want to see one set up and be interested in joining such a club and if they were, what sort of things would they expect to gain from being a member..................

A show??? Only working dog members???? open to all??? Competitions??? regular meets???? contacts for nights/days out??? challenging other clubs in lurcher comps etc etc..........

What are your thoughts?????????

I think you have to much time on your hands !!! Get back to feeding and changing wor Lori !!!

Cheers !!

Hi all, they used to hold meetings at Ashington but I can not remember where, never been but I was invited about eight years ago. The Boy that used to run it I think runs the Bullcross show at Pontop? I might be wrong on that mind.

I will have a dig about for phone numbers.

Hi all, they used to hold meetings at Ashington but I can not remember where, never been but I was invited about eight years ago. The Boy that used to run it I think runs the Bullcross show at Pontop? I might be wrong on that mind.

I will have a dig about for phone numbers.

the show at pontop isnt just a bull x show and yes there was a few lads running it with some form of lurcher club written on there t-shirts

If all you had was a regular meeting place, where like minded people can talk, have a few drinks and a laugh and I think you'd be onto summot'. :thumbs:

Should be a club like it in every area in the country, where they can all meet up every so often and have club competitions and that.

Edited by P.Carter
Once this competition is done and dusted, i'll have a think about doing it and if i can be arsed with the headache......... :victory:

Go for it LDR..........if you need any help i'm sure there are plenty willing to muck in. I'd willingly help out in any way.

It was the Northumberland and Durham Working Lurcher Club, at Ashington,- shows at Ashington Rugby Club, but i do not think its still going. John Parker from Blyth i think was running it.

Anyway, good luck in setting it up LDR,- its long over-due in the North East. As CP was saying, its not just an excuse to "get out" of nappy changing is it LDR. :whistling:

It was the Northumberland and Durham Working Lurcher Club, at Ashington,- shows at Ashington Rugby Club, but i do not think its still going. John Parker from Blyth i think was running it.

Anyway, good luck in setting it up LDR,- its long over-due in the North East. As CP was saying, its not just an excuse to "get out" of nappy changing is it LDR. :whistling:

Fat chance of that................ she'll be in a backpack mate out doing some daytime running soon........... :good: