lost ferret

Hi all, i have just lost my ferret out of its cage!! it will have been gone 24hrs at 5pm today. Do you think she will still be in the area, and if so ihow do i entice her back. She is an old girl, doesnt go out any more. I have left food down for her, plus ferret box, and two open cages... any more ideas??

Guest silenthunter

i lost 1 of my albino hob [bANNED TEXT] was out ferretin 1 time the collar came off him i set 2 mink cage traps with a dead rabbit in and went bak a cupple of hours later he was sittin in 1 of the trap i was really looky but all i can say bud is tell ya neighbours and put sum signs up sayin lost ferret if found please call so and so on this number all the best silenthunter...

cage traps, boxes, signs, vets and word of mouth (poss talk to any local gamekeepers etc). unfortunately thats about all you can do really.

last year i had one escape. thought it was goner after a week. eventually one sunday i got a call from a farmer 3 1/2 miles away that he had found a ferret under his chicken shed and was it mine. i get down there and it was indeed out polecat looking very thin and sorry for its self but that was afte a month and a half, it had crossed 2 deep valleys, 2 rivers 3 small roads and a main road minimum to get there, glad to see him back though.

hope it turns up soon, best of luck

Hi all, i have just lost my ferret out of its cage!! it will have been gone 24hrs at 5pm today. Do you think she will still be in the area, and if so ihow do i entice her back. She is an old girl, doesnt go out any more. I have left food down for her, plus ferret box, and two open cages... any more ideas??
Anybody else in the neighbourhood keep ferrets? I had a hob lost for a month that got picked up by another ferreter a few streets away

Try & go out with a lamp when it's dark. You'll have more of a chance of finding it then, It'll be more active, & it might be easier to spot it foraging about in a bush somewhere.

Also try your local RSPCA centre that was were mine was when he escaped he had caused mayhem around the estate going in peoples houses while they were watching T.V. :clapper: keep my fingers crossed for you go round your neighbours and let them know as word spreads when people see a ferret running around gardens some one will remember about you telling them and come back to you.

Happened to me the other day. She came back after a week, was found in my rockery. she was very skinny! You are doing everyone what i did. a bit of patience. Plus contacting locals ferreters helps. one of my old ferrets was found 8 miles down the round in some persons ferret food!

I had 3 get out last thursday, found 2 the others still out. My neighbour spotted him tuesday crossing the road but didn't dare pick him up in case he bit her (he's soft as sh*t) and he keeps coming back to my garden to crap everywhere, lol. I've been told a squirrel trap is the best to catch em.

Edited by parksie