unusual targets !!!!

NOT paper targets !!!!!!

when we are out in the field and all is quiet, we set up targets for practice and a bit of sport.

we put damsons, rosehips, crab apples etc on the top of sticks, and shoot them.

why????....i hear you ask.

well....the chosen fruit is the approximate size of general licence quarry kill zones and they are environmently freindly......and best of all they are FREE......and theres nothing to clear up afterwards.

have a go its more fun than you think..........and damned competative.

but with all shooting..........ensure you have a decent back stop :thumbs:

just wondered if anyone else uses similar ideas or has any unusal methods.

cheers

sean

What do i use?

Well, if i'm out on my shoot and i decide to do a bit of practice i use many thing that are around the vacinity.

Among those things are:

acorns, blackberries, twigs, thistle/weed stems - whatever i can find that comes to hand, or that i have bought with me really.

I even stick matches in the ground and cut them in half from 25 - 30 yards.

A couple of times a year, a friend and I have a friendly competition where we settle down and snipe daisies off their stems for a monetary reward - usually the sum of £5 each goes into the pot, and after a pre agreed set number of shots (50 or so) the one with the most daisies on the ground scoops the pot. Again, the range is usually 30 yards. Bloody good laugh it is too! :laugh:

You may think i'm a bit of a sad sack, but i like to set impossibly high standards/challenges for myself, its my way of making sure i can cut the mustard, like? It also keeps my mind and eye active. :thumbs:

Regards,

Grim.

Edited by Grim Reaper
NOT paper targets !!!!!!

when we are out in the field and all is quiet, we set up targets for practice and a bit of sport.

we put damsons, rosehips, crab apples etc on the top of sticks, and shoot them.

why????....i hear you ask.

well....the chosen fruit is the approximate size of general licence quarry kill zones and they are environmently freindly......and best of all they are FREE......and theres nothing to clear up afterwards.

have a go its more fun than you think..........and damned competative.

but with all shooting..........ensure you have a decent back stop :thumbs:

just wondered if anyone else uses similar ideas or has any unusal methods.

cheers

sean

my brother lol sorry couldent resist :clapper::wallbash::clapper:

I use a Hilti cap for hilti gun to sight my scopes in because they make a right f**king bang [bANNED TEXT] you hit if it dont bang then you aint hit it ;)

Funny thing that . . . . . i sometimes do that (i have a couple of hilti cap rings and take the caps out) in my garden, either that, or i use some of my fiocchi 8mm blank cartridges ( i prefer these to the hiltis though) for the same thing . . . . . the 8mm's are very exacting things. You need to be getting tight groups to set either of them off.

Eitherway, good fun. :thumbs:

Regards,

Grim.

Edited by Grim Reaper
I use a Hilti cap for hilti gun to sight my scopes in because they make a right f**king bang [bANNED TEXT] you hit if it dont bang then you aint hit it ;)

Funny thing that . . . . . i sometimes do that (i have a couple of hilti cap rings and take the caps out) in my garden, either that, or i use some of my fiocchi 8mm blank cartridges ( i prefer these to the hiltis though) for the same thing . . . . . the 8mm's are very exacting things. You need to be getting tight groups to set either of them off.

Eitherway, good fun. :thumbs:

Regards,

Grim.

:good::good::yahoo::yahoo::gunsmilie:

got abart a thousand upstairs am i gonna have some fun or what :whistling:

A top tip for ya wats get a dril bit the same size drill a line of holes in a bit of board or even in your fence post an push em in this way theres no flying fragments that will take your eye out IF you hit it :whistling:

:hmm::lol: you know i will hit em gun might not be powerful enough to set em off :tongue2: used to use polos but got bored cause a wos hitting hole all time :victory: