cb radio's remember them?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had CB's for years used to spend alot of time on them through the summer when the hunting was quiet. Had quiet a few Midland 80 channels, Hand helds, I used to have a cracking Cobra rig that was all in one was a cracker but I seem to have miss placed it have been searching for it to put it back in my truck.

Regards highlander.

10.4 good buddy. Panda bear here.

I had a lake man x man 850, and a huge ariel on the bck of me mums house. mega times.......

All me mates had one too.

Had considered putting in the landy for off roading

Any way got ot go, got a kodak with a kojak on my back door

Matt

christ memories!!!!!

cq cq callin cq!!!!!!

echo mikes!!!!!

40 watt burners with a 30ft silverwave antenna on the roof!!!!!!

ssb sets and usb sets!!!!!

christ i still got a 40 channel hand held harvard with the magnetic external ariel too!!!! think it took bout 10 double A batteries!!!!

think rest f the kit got binned

paul w

I can remember sitting in the farm tractor with my brother when I was about 4 or 5? and he showed me how to work it, My handle was little red riding hood because I always wore a red jacket with a white furry hood :D I can remember chatting to various folks on it and it was a cheap source of entertainment back in those days :clapper:

Guest traceyg

Bloody hell my brother in law used to have one and let me have a go when i baby sat .my handle was hair bear lol . never had the currage to talk to anybody tho .i bit like me and chat now to scared to talk :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

can you still buy CBs and does anyone use them anymore?

Yeah you can still get them. Site workers still have them in diggers and the boys up here use them in the forrestry when they're harvesting so that the lorrys know when they can get in to pickup the wood. Due to there being no phone signal in the forrest.

Regards highlander.

christ fish fish, i shouldnt admit to it but i was well into my CB radios when i was a young lad i had a president lincoln, yasu , ham international jumbo, ranger the lot, i spent hours on them talking all over the world i was in a CB RADIO club :icon_redface::whistling: i bet if i look in my parents attic there would still be some of my cards that was sent from all over the world. if i get a chance i will take some pics of them and put them up for you to have a laugh at .

ps GREAT READ