purse nets

will.f11

What im getting at is can you make a normal net (it's easier than a shaped net ) and is it only adding or taking away a mesh thats throwing you ??

Because you can use a normal net for ferreting all mine are 20 meshes wide and four foot long and after youv'e been knitting these nets for a wee while come back and try making a shaped net .

Guest on the hill

try 15 meshes on your nets mate thats what most of the ones you can buy in the shops are!

that should give you all the bagging you need for burrows

Edited by on the hill
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest on the hill

i just rememberd lol i had the same problem with the hemp nets at the start, it was allways on the 3rd row!! i dont like the hemp it burns the fingers, it rotts, the notts tend to slip. after i tried nylon i never looked back lol allthough it is a litttle more fiddley on the first 2 rows

Edited by on the hill

I got a 500g spool of 10z Nylon from JDS nets at the BASC north wales game fair. Its dead easy to handle, you can single knot it (though I double-knotted out of habit) it's easier on your hands and it doesn'yt tangle like 4z or rot like hemp. Ithink it was £11.00 but I made about 17 nets with it and after the first couple they all look fine. Worth getting this stuff.