J PARKES

Guest SPIFF

Guest SPIFF

I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR THIS MAN ,ALTHOUGH NEVER MET HIM.IM INTERESTED IN HIS LINE OF TERRIER AND WHAT SEPARATES THEM FROM OTHER BREEDS .ANY PHOTOS ETC WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i kept parkes strain about 14 year's ago.. my mate at the time knew parksy very well and often was given pup's off parksy for nowt. anyway my mate swore by em. so i got a couple dog's off him. a red border lookin bitch i called tango. she was a very good bitch who found when other's didnt. though she was a bit to hard and got leathered . she ended up with most of her teeth gone and bad scarring after a couple a season's. i bred from her to another good parkes dog. and kept a dog pup back.mick. he was very hard and head strong. but to be honest yes they were good dog's all be it a bit hard but they were no better than other strain's i'v had or seen grating. the sire of my bitch tango is on the front cover of the fell terrier with parksy and his orange overall's :clapper: i have old pic's of em but not on my computer. oh yeah they werent the best ratter's . but proper earth dog's.. :victory:

all the parkes dog's i'v seen are red border lookin. . bar one which was a black un. which was owned by my mate in the mid 1980's. . reason i no longer keep em :D i now move in differant circle's shooting mostly and no longer work terrier's of any strain. i am gonna get a patterdale for the house and the kid's though. it probably wont see much a few rat's now and then will be it's limit.. back in the late 80's to late 90's i lived for diggin. and i do still love it .but we live in different time's now and what we got away with year's ago . you wont get away with today. if you know what mean :clapper: it is hard to get digging permission now . a farmer will let you on with a gun to shoot em. but rarely with terrier's to dig em. back in the day we would be out 'n' about all over .finding digging and taking it anywhere we found it. without land owner's consent :icon_redface::D .it is no good doing it that way now though. as there are grasser's everywhere :angry: every focker has mobile phone's and if you get seen with terrier's and spades they will grass you on the spot, police got helicopter's :o you know what i mean it aint like it used to be. .so i will not have a kennel of terrier's just sitting there idol. no point. plus i been to jail once dont wanna go back. :D;) maybe one day i will scoop the lotto move to france and pick up where i left off. ;)

APPRECIATE THAT BBB IM NOT THAT CARING ABOUT RATTING ANYHOW. :thumbs:

ARE THEY ALL RED ???

No.

Park's stuff throws alot of reds, some blacks, black & tan's. And believe it or not........ The odd white one.

Edited by Niko

good post bbb - been thr seen it done it do a couple of digs these days but mainly ratting lost a lot of permmision to the shooting lads or just cant get on because thr already thr - days gone by :hmm: glad i was in it when i was .. as for parkes dogs they whr known to be a bit hard and i`ve heard of some entering as young as 9 months ..

yeah . i'm glad i was right into it back in those day's :gunsmilie: i would hate to be a diggin hungry young lad wanting to test my dog's now. the strain was over hard realey . and took to much punishment .though i never seen em back down and i'v seen these dog's smashed beyond belief and still go at it, braindead, :clapper: tango the bitch i had was pretty late starter and a real good lookin bitch. but when she got started the look's went. she got so smashed she ended up lookin like a pound a mince. but work aside she was a lovely natured dog.in the house around the kid's. i would love to have her over again. i dunno how parkes present dog's are doing now. but back in the 80's they were hard as nail's. good dog's as long as you dont mind them healing a few week's till ye can use em again.. :victory:

yep days gone by - i remember diggin at night early hours of the morning , days on the sick :whistling: travelling hundres of miles on invites and digging whr and what we should`nt have .. how things have changed..

Edited by the_stig
APPRECIATE THAT BBB IM NOT THAT CARING ABOUT RATTING ANYHOW. :thumbs:

ARE THEY ALL RED ???

No.

Park's stuff throws alot of reds, some blacks, black & tan's. And believe it or not........ The odd white one.

Are you sure about that? :angel: