LAMPING COMPETITION!!!!

Guest markbrick1
i dont mind travellin around 100 miles for heats and then ne for the final and if a judge is needed for a heat i will put myself forward down here as long as my dog is in it :tongue2::tongue2:

Mark i'd imagine that if in the later heats if there is a big distance between the 2 people, there will be land offered to run a heat that is mid way, but as it says in the rules if you dont show to a heat then it'll be disqualification.......this is gonna be the best chance you'll have of showing all the doubters how good your dog is.......besides thought you were loaded, a bit of travelling shouldn't be a prob, but obviously all efforts will be made to match people closest to each other!!!!!

longdog,i dont need to show how good they are they do that them selves, :thumbs: but the travell is a concern,if it was all in 1 week i would come up are people could come down as long as you know i live at the toe of this country and the ne is a long way so anoth heats could be down here,this is what you need to sort 1st were and whos land the heats are on in the country to make sure will all travell fair amounts and travellin i hate it been to somerset today with dogs 300 mile round trip came home out lamping now 1am and knackered,and here is my dog

post-1343-1217807719.jpg

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont mind travellin around 100 miles for heats and then ne for the final and if a judge is needed for a heat i will put myself forward down here as long as my dog is in it :tongue2::tongue2:

Mark i'd imagine that if in the later heats if there is a big distance between the 2 people, there will be land offered to run a heat that is mid way, but as it says in the rules if you dont show to a heat then it'll be disqualification.......this is gonna be the best chance you'll have of showing all the doubters how good your dog is.......besides thought you were loaded, a bit of travelling shouldn't be a prob, but obviously all efforts will be made to match people closest to each other!!!!!

longdog,i dont need to show how good they are they do that them selves, :thumbs:but the travell is a concern,if it was all in 1 week i would come up are people could come down as long as you know i live at the toe of this country and the ne is a long way so anoth heats could be down here,this is what you need to sort 1st were and whos land the heats are on in the country to make sure will all travell fair amounts and travellin i hate it been to somerset today with dogs 300 mile round trip came home out lamping now 1am and knackered,and here is my dog

That is a valid point Mark... :clapper:

Unfortunately,.the type of land that would be required to hold such an event ,..will always be 'oop North'..

I don't own any decent lamping dogs,..I only go ferreting and do a bit of bushing,...but there are a few handy jukels 'darn sarf' that might be fun to watch....

Hopefully, someone will find the time and be able to rake up the vonga for Diesel,..and get trucking :thumbs:

But as you so rightly say,...it's a hell of a long old journey up to the North East of England for us Southerners!

Whatever the outcome,...my best wishes to all competitors... :yes:

Kind regards,.CHALKWARREN... :drink:

Guest markbrick1

SCARED OF A POODLE, :clapper::clapper: IAM UP FOR THIS AS MUCH AS ANYONE BUT ITS THE TRAVELLIN NEED TO KNOW AREAS 1ST THEN WE CAN KICK OF,I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST OF LUCK they will need it :laugh::laugh:

SCARED OF A POODLE, :clapper::clapper: IAM UP FOR THIS AS MUCH AS ANYONE BUT ITS THE TRAVELLIN NEED TO KNOW AREAS 1ST THEN WE CAN KICK OF,I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST OF LUCK they will need it :laugh::laugh:
I was involved in a couple of matches in the late 60s and early 70s ,the problem then ,was who says when a rabbit is runnable? then ,and probably now ,people will want to cherry pick there runs.

Micky.

the judge should say when to chase the rabbit and attemp to make it even leave it to the discreation of the judge if somone has a problem withthe judge they should say so before the event

so pissed non of you are living in the right coutry would have loved to show you boys up

Mark i know what you mean about it being along way to travel....but the rules are pretty clear and as said the first heats would be matched up with people closest to each other, still waiting for a few locations to be sent in, but the travelling applies to everyone who enters and like said in the rules when you're paired up and given each others details it'll be down to the 2 of you to arrange the time and place....if this cant be agreed then land will be put on, more likely up here, and the date will be set as the night with no moon, if you dont show it'll be a disqualification....these rules apply to everyone including myself, so we are all playing the same game mate, if you're drawn against someone half way up the country, i'm sure someone can put some land on which is half way for you both to travel, or split the costs and get up here and we'll put you on land heaving with rabbits!!!!!!

Edited by longdogrunner

There's no shortage of land available, Tomo has a shit load, IanB has a shit load, dogs n natives has land offered, woodgas land is basically all of northumberland...... :notworthy: ...... i've had PM's off a couple of lads offering there land!!!!

Here's the dog i'm entering, Bruce 27ins, 5yrs this november, deerhoundy/grey cross, you work it out.....lol....

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0113.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

bruce_1_feb07.jpg

I know i've got peoples dogs in PM's but get them up here for the rest to see........ :thumbs: