lab greyhound cross?

Any one owned are seen this cross any information on this cross first cross and 3/4 bread any pics, possible good points and bad points?

im into all forms of hunting weather it be lamping and ferreting digging and running foxes or hunting up pheasants and waiting for duck to fly in at last light. unfortunly i had to move back into town and my lurchers and terriers have taken up all my space my old lab died leaving me with no gun dog my wee lurcher bitch will hunt up pheasents, but none of the dogs are to fond of water.

have been playing around with the idea of crossing a water dog with a running dog in the hope of getting a dog with enough speed to run the lamp and do a bit of ferreting and at the same time work the gun i know thinks dont always work out like that when it comes to breeding but whst do yous think, do you's think it could work?

happy hunting all

yours in sport

fathom

knowing a labs temprement i don't know if it would work mate, although they are very smart dogs in my honest opinion i dont THINK it could work but i could very well be surprised mate,

why don't you just get a gundog mate?

no room lad unfortunly :(
Personally I think the cross would do the job your looking at if the parents worked....but who breeds first cross labrador/greyhounds?

i think it would flush well mate i think that side of it would work, its the lurcher work side of it i ain't sure of.

Try and get a copy of Wild goose chase .

A wild fowling dvd made by Jim from Black dog trading .

It shows him working his GWP / LURCHER .

theres someone selling a litter of these the other day in the for sale section i think.

Personally I think the cross would do the job your looking at if the parents worked....but who breeds first cross labrador/greyhounds?
a seen a litter for sale of 3/4 bred pups couple of years back in the countrymans weekly but that was the only time i seen any litter of this cross advertised any were. seen a women walking her lucher and im almost 100% sure it was of this cross it looked typey enough

i think it would flush well mate i think that side of it would work, its the lurcher work side of it i ain't sure of.

Probably not foxes but I'm sure it would lamp and ferret.

Probably not foxes but I'm sure it would lamp and ferret.

maybe mate just an opinion,

was just on freeads there mate looking for any lrucher puppies to see what was on it as iv nto been on it before and seen it mentioned on the site and came across this http://pets.uk.freeads.net/dogs/cross-bree...NDLE-670827.htm

lol

could'nt of found it if you were lookin it lol

A mate of mine had a 3/4 used it for everything and it was more than usefull a bit large 27 inch but i would have had it on the yard in a shot a big fast fawn dog with a putty coloured nose not shy on fox at all in fact he was used as a draw dog when he got older.

Had everything you would want in a lurcher and lived a full working life als had plenty of stamina for a 3/4 bred.

a fella by me had a lab greyhound years back and it was lethal on foxes.have you seen the heads on some of them labs.

plenty strong enough for foxes if it wanted to do them.(pre ban of course)

if you get a goodin it should be right for what you want it for. :thumbs: