LEGALITIES OF CARRYING A BATON

Guest SJM

Yeah I suppose a sticks a good idea actually, looks and seems harmless but could be used if really needed? I think its just the stigma thing that puts me off, walking along with a stick would make me feel a bit old ? :icon_redface: I would probably be inclined to go for one of the climbing ones with the point on the end rather than a wooden one, besides wood is crap if you use it with force, its very easy to break a walking stick, I used to go to stick making classes as a youngster so I know how easy they are to damage when your not applying great force :doh: let alone when you are lol

I liked the idea of the baton because you can conceal it easily on your person, but by the sounds of things the walking stick may be a better idea :thumbs: Once Ive wore it out I can always get a zimmer frame :laugh:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

F**k it!Carry a stanley-knife or something,three-to-one?I once saw two guys turn tail and run when the third was striped with a stanley and hit with a claw hammer,besides,wouldnt you rather be up before a jury on a charge than dragged into a woods :icon_eek: Whats the old saying?I would rather be tried by 12 men than carried by six,think about it,nothing pretty about a corpse lying in the undergrowth :thumbdown:

lol Mackem thats a good saying and very true :victory:

Dont get me wrong, the 3 -1 scenario went ok because when one of them came at me in a threatening manner, I retaliated verbally and he backed off and we talked it down to an amicable resolution, but it made me think afterwards, it could have very easily gone the other way, or in a different scenario with someone who was lurking around the countryside with the specific intentions of looking for a "victim" which these 3 werent, then being armed may be the thing that saves you :gunsmilie:

I see a few other female members reading, is this an issue that other women are concerned about? and if so how do you protect yourselves when your out and about alone in the countryside?

When i go out with the dogs i am usually alone and like lurchergrrl i think i would rely on the dogs to protect me,,, i also carry the dogs leads in my hand at all times they are never on the dogs and they have heavy chain link on them and i would use them and the legalities would not enter my head i would put it down to defence,

My dogs would be useless to me in an attack as they dont have a bad bone in their bodies, towards other people anyway :doh: but my old collie cross goes for my arms if I wave them about he has always done it since a pup, one time me and my ex were play fighting shoving each other around and he jumped up and nipped my arm, fecking agony :doh: he would probably end up joining in if someone attacked me :doh::D So do other members feel their dogs would protect them? I would rather protect myself because if you did end up in a scenario where the police stopped you and you had bludgeoned someone attacking you with a stick/baton/whatever and they also had dog bite marks on them, I bet I know what would happen to the dog :o:no::bye:

Edited by SJM

its sad that you feel you have to carry somthing SJM!!!!!...............but i guess thats the society we live in now a days.

as mackem says....pepper spray, its discreet and seems to stop most things in its tracks..is it leagal???

stay safe.

all the best

sean

edited to re-phrase........is it......not, and its.

the only way to ensure your dogs will protect you is if you have a correctly trained protection dog .... for all you ladies that walk out in remote areas day in day out and live alone the initial layout for a well trained dog will pay dividends in the future ... even if it just means you can go on a walk without a care in the world and concentrate on the beauty of the surroundings rather than worry whats around the next bend on a deserted woodland path ...........

its sad that you feel you have to carry somthing SJM!!!!!...............but i guess thats the society we live in now a days.

as mackem says....pepper spray, its discreet and seems to stop most things in its tracks..and its leagal??? ....i think.

stay safe.

all the best

sean

pepper spray IS NOT legal in this country

as mackem says....pepper spray, its discreet and seems to stop most things in its tracks..and its leagal??? ....i think.

stay safe.

all the best

sean

Pepper-spray isnt legal mate,but I know guys who have ordered it from abroad through the post,likewise stun-guns,you get them in kit-form,a little bit of soldering and voila Bzzzzzzzzzzz :icon_eek:

I must admit to having thought about personal safety when out with the dog. Not long ago, some nutter was killing and butchering old ewes on the fields, at night, for some reason. The ones that really scare me are the 'drive by' lampers, who have no permission in the area, but are pulling up in gateways and using live ammunition rifles.

Although a run in with some tooled up and threatening psycho is unlikely, I wouldn' t know how to handle the situation.

Guest gaz100604

i carry a gutting knife all the way from alaska with a pic of a wolf on it present from my younger bro. blades about 5inches long foldable very sharp.walked the pups down local fields last nite bout 11.20pm knife in pocket just in case. if a very dangerous suitation did occur last night in the dark of the countryside id not hestiate to use it.

but whats the world comming too i ask myself when i have to resort to this to ensure im safe.