1/8.......... 7/8 greyhound

Guest world.hunters

Guest world.hunters

has anyone ever worked a lurcher with 7/8 greyhound in it i can remember someone showing a 1/8bull 7/8grey on here and they said it was there best dog they have owned.

but has anyone else worked a dog with 7/8 such as a 1/8 collie x etc

cheers

W.h

a mate of mine had a little 22in 1/8collie7/8 grey and she was spot on till she died

regually could catch 40 rabbits lamping and got to the double handed hare coursing

semi final the year s mitchell judged it

Edited by samba
Guest world.hunters

i was considering putting my storm over my greyhound bitch if she works well aswell. storm is a good strong dog with alot of stamina so i think the pups would have a lot of pertental.

W/h

Edited by world.hunters
i was considering putting my storm over my greyhound bitch if she works well aswell. storm is a good strong dog with alot of stamina so i think the pups would have a lot of pertental.

W/h

go for it :thumbs:

A few years back i was out with a well known traveller from scotland. He was running a 7/8 1/8 deerhound, the dog was a belter. Some years later i got a pup from this dog for a mate. She was 1/16deerhound 15/16greyhound. She was very fast as you can imagine, but the bitch never really did much due to her owner.cheers wex

Edited by wex

I put a 3/4 Grey 1/4 Whippet over my 1/4 Collie 3/4 Grey many years ago. Lovely dog, but the stamina was definitely well reduced. Her dam could run hares all day, and catch a few, but the daughter was stuffed after a decent run: lightening fast though. Nowadays I wouldn't want a dog with that much speed in it. Always injuring herself.

I think that when Hancock first started up he used to breed 7/8 greyhound 1/8 collies for Hare Coursing.

Not really my cuppa tea, to me they are nigh pure greyhound, and there want be enough collie blood in them, but good luck with your preposed venture. regards collie john.

I had such a dog in 1978 Miller he was called. Bred out of a 3/4 Greyhound 1/4 collie bitch sired by an open race dog. Hell of a good dog killed plenty of daytime hares and lots of game on the lamp. I put him over a good Greyhound bitch i had aswell and kept a couple of pups for myself, so they where 15/16 greyhound 1/16 collie and where also good Hare dogs.

saw greyhounds with good wind gota greyhound whippet with good wind but why breed to much sighthoundas the feet suffer the coat suffers and when people talk about wind i talk about running several hares or roe maybe ywenty rabbs and well on hard ground no god running if they have not the tyres for it better with good feet and pace but sensible pace as they last longer dont cost the vet bills and run season after season cheers

Guest markbrick1
denned, off this site, has exactly that breeding. think he has a dog and a bitch. they do look nice types. i would pm him for more info ;) TOMO

some think this is 1/8th collie greyhound a sheep in wolfs clothing,mark

post-1343-1214518308.jpg

denned, off this site, has exactly that breeding. think he has a dog and a bitch. they do look nice types. i would pm him for more info ;) TOMO

should that not have been a wolf in sheeps clothing?????????? or are you saying the dog is no good???

should that not have been a wolf in sheeps clothing?????????? or are you saying the dog is no good???

:clapper::clapper::clapper: fabulous