how often to give kitts food

In another topic stubby said to give the kits chicken thighs if you cant get rabbit and the kits love it.

but how often do i need to feed them it. i dont want to leave it in the cage otherwise they end up wth woodshavings in there mouth.

how many times a day should i give them the chicken? :hmm:

Edited by ilovetoshoot12345

I give them chicken when i get in from work around 5pm.Just pick the bones out in the morning.I tend not to leave fresh meat in the hutch during the day in summer.I say that i gave them 4 thighs about an hour ago its all gone lol mind you there are 14 kits lol

i always have dry food down for them ,but i feed my kits fresh meat ( say 7 kits on average ) 1 average rabbit roughly chopped up so they all get the chance of a piece ,and i usually feed them about 6 to 7 oclock when the flies have died down and any left over in the morning is taken out

ive fed them twice today i usualy watch them as they eat. when they have finsihed eating then i put them back.

ive feed them chicken thighs but i minced it first so they find it easier to eat theres 8 of them.

is it possible to over feed them?

Edited by ilovetoshoot12345
ive fed them twice today i usualy watch them as they eat. when they have finsihed eating then i put them back.

ive feed them chicken thighs but i minced it first so they find it easier to eat theres 8 of them.

is it possible to over feed them?

Its best to put to much food in, if theres food left after each sitting then there getting enough :thumbs:

In another topic stubby said to give the kits chicken thighs if you cant get rabbit and the kits love it.

but how often do i need to feed them it. i dont want to leave it in the cage otherwise they end up wth woodshavings in there mouth.

how many times a day should i give them the chicken? :hmm:

Woodshavings in their mouth? hmm... Why not get some string or something and suspend it from above, so they can still eat it, but it doesn't get covered in shavings. They will probably find it really fun aswell and end up playing with it.