• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Sibbo liked his dogs too,staffs and a bit of digging with a lad kept Gould breeding from his home town
he`s still got couple staffs and a english bull - lad from his way in 80`s had a gouldy bred dog called sibbo
My grand-dad Eddie Neilson!!

The big little man.....would have boxed at a higher level in todays game where he most probably would have only been a light heavy....still though,a short stocky southpaw will always be avoided......hows the old boy doing these days,sorry to hear of your sad loss earlier in the year,all the best.

as thrs a few boxing fans on here -who was /is your favourite boxer . i was a fan of alan minter , tony sibson, nigal benn , used to follow the yorskhire hunter paul ingle , most recent fighter i`m watching is carl froch . gotta say sibbo was my favourite . :boxing:

didn't paul ingle write a book called poachers pie? or was it ted i cant remember :icon_redface:

not as far as i`m aware paddy paul took nassem hamed to the wire in 1999 and suffered brain damage a year later sad story really . he used to kept and work lurchers and ferrets - he`s got a couple of lakelands these days that he keeps as pets ---- he used to race pigeons aswell . used to take to the hills round his home town scarborough and camp out as part of his training whatever the time of year .. Edited by the_stig

My choice has to be:

1:Muhammad Ali (Simply put, the greatest)

2:Tommy Hearns (What a jab, the best in the business)

3: Larry Holmes (So underrated)

Do you Guys remember a fighter called Kirkland Laing? He was arguably the best British fighter never to have won a world title. He beat Roberto Duran then went on the lash for 12 months with the prize money, but he could sure box.

Good to see Tony "The Squire" Sibson getting a look-in. What a puncher...

Tinman

My choice has to be:

Do you Guys remember a fighter called Kirkland Laing? He was arguably the best British fighter never to have won a world title. He beat Roberto Duran then went on the lash for 12 months with the prize money, but he could sure box.

Good to see Tony "The Squire" Sibson getting a look-in. What a puncher...

Tinman

i remember kirkland fooking good boxer but of his head paper did a right up of him last year sleeps on a park bench stinking of shit now im afraid. what a shame for this talented genius of the ring. another great boxer was errol graham best back peddeler there was but for me the best british boxer must have been freddie mills , he had a true lions heart.
Guest oldskool

michael 'shaka' ayers was a good one for me... not a great talent but i admired his courage against colin dunn when they fought twice for the IBO title... dunn hit him with a breezer of a left hook in about the 4th and ayers got up and fought dunn to a stand still in the late stages...

for real world class talent i liked roy jones junior in his lighter weights

My choice has to be:

Tinman

Just out of interest for any of you Ali fans.....a doorman in liverpool...well ( professional greeter ) as he likes to be called :D .....lost a close points decision to ali in the 70,s after which ali called him the hardest puncher he ever faced....,Earnie Shavers.....

I was fortunate enough to be given a short home video of an interview between earnie,ali,foreman and ken norton from late 99.......they mostly rant on about god but all 3 say shavers was the hardest puncher of their generation !

My choice has to be:

Tinman

Just out of interest for any of you Ali fans.....a doorman in liverpool...well ( professional greeter ) as he likes to be called :D .....lost a close points decision to ali in the 70,s after which ali called him the hardest puncher he ever faced....,Earnie Shavers.....

I was fortunate enough to be given a short home video of an interview between earnie,ali,foreman and ken norton from late 99.......they mostly rant on about god but all 3 say shavers was the hardest puncher of their generation !

THE FIGHTS ON YOU TUBE MATEpost-17344-1214601625.jpg ;)