artical in cmw

Did any one else see the artical where two lads from the ireland shot 42 foxes in a 9hr session, thats one every 12mins by reckoning :hmm:

Do you think this is for real? cos thats one mighty fox problem!

What's the most you got in one night - lets hear your scores on the doors

;)

Guest JohnGalway

It's possible. I didn't read the article. I'm always happy if I get one fox when I go out, sometimes I'm happy just to see one :clapper: Control of numbers is the name of the game for me here in sheep country, not extermination. My last call before I "retired" for the summer was a sheep farm, knew there would be 3 or 4 foxes visiting the farm. Shot one the Saturday, only one lamb loss during the week, shot another the next Saturday night, no further losses. Saw 2-3 more foxes but they weren't killing so why bother them.

Most I have got in one night is three :yes: Only ever bring six (.223) bullets with me. Shooting too many is not good in my opinion.

It's possible. I didn't read the article. I'm always happy if I get one fox when I go out, sometimes I'm happy just to see one :clapper: Control of numbers is the name of the game for me here in sheep country, not extermination. My last call before I "retired" for the summer was a sheep farm, knew there would be 3 or 4 foxes visiting the farm. Shot one the Saturday, only one lamb loss during the week, shot another the next Saturday night, no further losses. Saw 2-3 more foxes but they weren't killing so why bother them.

Most I have got in one night is three :yes: Only ever bring six (.223) bullets with me. Shooting too many is not good in my opinion.

Total agree with you there john :thumbs::thumbs:

Hi Smoggy

Where did you see the article on the shooting of 42 foxes - That's a serious amount.

What food source would sustain a population like that? Maybe there was a KFC and a late night curry house nearby.

Gareth (Dama)

Hi Smoggy

Where did you see the article on the shooting of 42 foxes - That's a serious amount.

What food source would sustain a population like that? Maybe there was a KFC and a late night curry house nearby.

Gareth (Dama)

Hi mate,

It's in this weeks country mens weekly, first page bottom left corner, I can't believe it, as you say they would take some serious food and it's not as if it was over a massive area, cos you ain't going to be able to do much traveling if your dropping one every 12mins, my only thought was, had a van load been dropped off by do gooders from a town, I've heared of eighteen been shot in one field, one after the other, but they didn't have a clue just sat there.

None of the fox's in the picture look like cubs, I don't think it is true maybe over a week or atleast a few days but not in one night. I shouldn't imagine so many dog fox's would allow so many other dog fox's in the area.

if i got any were near 42 foxes in a year i'd be delighted' but i wouldn't shoot a fox, i've seen them when i had the gun and didn't fire, if the dogs can't catch'em they go free. i'm not knocking people who cull them for pest control i just think that could be 42 course's or 42 digs :gunsmilie::hmm:

i think around eleven was the most i shot i one night but can't remember the exact number i know it was just in doudle figures.

however i did shoot 3 in ten minutes one night............true as god.....

i've got 62 now in and around the farms i shoot and counted 19 over the last few weeks, one vixen and five cubs in one little area. i'll leave them till they start doing the damage. nice to see for now.