breeding my paterdale

if you think u dnt wanna use the father mate after all the feedback i have a sh*t hot patterdale 1000% guaranteed mate the best dog round my way sounds like am boasting ha anyway post me you can use him for a fair fee never had a problem sellng his pups once you see him work .

thanks but i dont fancy traveling to the uk and dont want to breed her to make money i just want a good worker thanks for your replys im still in two minds what to do have another dog but he's not full proved himself yet

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you think u dnt wanna use the father mate after all the feedback i have a sh*t hot patterdale 1000% guaranteed mate the best dog round my way sounds like am boasting ha anyway post me you can use him for a fair fee never had a problem sellng his pups once you see him work .

thanks but i dont fancy traveling to the uk and dont want to breed her to make money i just want a good worker thanks for your replys im still in two minds what to do have another dog but he's not full proved himself yet

USE THE FATHER IF HES A GOOD DOG TRUST ME I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT YE WONT GO WRONG

iv a mate liven in wexford wit a 100% 3 season dog off nuthall small type he would do it four a pup if your bitch is proven.

but honstly use the da save your self time & money if hes proven and top worker use him

post-17921-1213815829.jpg

i'v seen alot of very closely bred bull breeds, and never seen any with cleff palates but the do seem to go a bit undershoot and bent legged some times if to closely bred, but not a problem once you put fresh blood in every now and again

how far back can you trace the breeding of the parents of the bitch you want to breed? if there are no traces of any abnormalities carried in any litters for many generations back on either side you could take the chance all the best

i have done this recently, father/daughter mating!! i have 7 healthy strong pups, all with good mouths, go for it mate! puppies1.jpgpuppies2.jpg

There fine pups dev i like the lad leading in the first photo any chance of getting him of you, no only jokeing he's a strong looking pup do, keep me posted how they mature thanks again

Jo the dog should be way beyond good, at the very least he and the bitch should be great and most importantly both himself and the bitch should be

without any faults in their work and you should also know honestly how their parents and grandparents have worked

if you double up on even a single working fault, you'll have it in the line your making forever more.

if you had the time and dogs to hand,a better way to test for faults without going super close is either

uncle/aunt 2 niece/nephew

or

cousin 2 cousin

breeding extremely tightly in bulldogs,where every animal involved has been highly tested and coming down from long lines where any performance fault has been culled out is not the same as putting 2 closely related terriers you like together.

Bryan

i`ve done it in the past without problems - a mate tried it with his russells 4 bitch pups had hormone problems leading to skin problems 1 dog pup was albino and one dog pup was trouble free if or not these problems came from the father / daugther mating i could`nt say for sure - some of the best dogs i`ve seen are double bred

inbreeding happens in all wild dog packs with no un due effects.just because our dogs are domesticated does,nt mean that the pups will be deformed or abnormal in any way.Breeding close from the best workers you have is the best way to keep the stamp of dog you want.

Madmouse,

I agree.I'm no expert for sure,but I think we breed our dogs as tight as anyone,and thank GOD,til now,we have been blessed.As with any breeding,you have to cull,but there have been no setbacks as far as hunting traits lost,or genetic faults.Check out some of our pedigrees and you can see how tight.The dog in my avatar is a bro-sis,off of an uncle to his niece,and the niece's sire was bred to his double bred granddam.And the male "Gravedigger jr" is a hard dog,with a very hard mouth,good nose,and I have loaned him out often and he always does the job.I bred him to his dam,and got another very good litter,that is more of the same as him.Everyone has their own preference,but we like to keep them tight.

craig

Is this not called kennel blind.

Surly no one thinks they have the best dog and bitch in their country, sat in their kennel. There is always some one testing their dogs more, owning older dogs that have produced better % of workers.

Not one of my dogs have NOT got a fault, but then I'm after improving what I'v got and NOT trying to produce a line of smelly dog terriers.

All mine are related, but if they dont make the grade and keep working at that grade till they are 4years old, then I would go to better dogs for a new pup.

Get your dogs tried and tested, find the faults in your dogs over a good few seasons digging, then look for a dog to improve your dogs, if they dont make the grade and keep it up for seasons then dont breed out of them.

My kennel my dogs, you keep your dogs in your kennel and keep smiling.

Smellydog,

I can only assume you are reffering to my post.I guarantee you that my dogs can and will be culled in the drop of a hat.I in NO way said that they are the best,etc.We have a large group of folks who work together to hunt them.If they don't make the grade,they don't make the trip home.If I see the need to add something,I will in a heartbeat.I have more than a few dogs amongst us,of different lines.I was only giving the man who asked about inbreeding my opinion.So you are right,I will keep my dogs.I guess it's true,just about every post somebody makes,will have at least one person try to ruin it, by degrading someone.Oh well,you don't like my dogs/practices,you don't own any,so that shouldn't be a problem now should it

craig

Oh and I am far from trying to produce a line of terriers.We use what works,when it doesn't,we'll add something in,cull whatever it calls for.

Guest mickyrich
Hi all, have a patterdale bitch that im going to breed this time around and was strongly thinking of breeding her back to her father. He's a good ground dog and i would like to keep the blood lines going. Just woundering have any of you's done it before or no anyone thats done it and what way did the pups turn out . Id like to hear your reply thanks joe

Would you do your mother ha no on a serious note i'l sit on the fence and read other peoples reply's

Hi all, have a patterdale bitch that im going to breed this time around and was strongly thinking of breeding her back to her father. He's a good ground dog and i would like to keep the blood lines going. Just woundering have any of you's done it before or no anyone thats done it and what way did the pups turn out . Id like to hear your reply thanks joe

Would you do your mother ha no on a serious note i'l sit on the fence and read other peoples reply's

???? why sit on the fence
wise words again smellydogs.

uru, I have looked at some of those so called peds you talk about, and apart from most being wrong a lot of the dogs in them should not have been bred from. If I was buying a pup and the man handed me a 5 gen ped I would hand him it back, as what type of man tests and culls hard

and then hands over the breeding of his dogs to just anyone.

nice dog hang & bang looks like Spartacus blood.

Smellydog,

Sorry if I took you wrong,I guess I'm just used to lots of the folks who want to take cracks like they know it all.I only know about MY dogs.Sorry,

craig

Lahosh,

The "so-called" peds as you say????Let me state for you,cause I guess I'm an idiot,but what I DO know is that the only dog you can be sure of how they are bred,are the ones you breed yourself,or the ones you were present at the time of breeding(and that is assuming the dogs you are seeing hadn't gotten bred before or after your "witnessing" of the mating took place with another).I have seen a man breed to his hardcore killer at home,then the next day pay a large stud fee to have her bred with another more popular lines stud that was papered,as his killer had no papers,and that was important to him for his sales I guess.I could go on and on of instances where whether intentionally(underhanded)or ignorantly,some matings have been done,and it wasn't true.Even though you would hear those ignorant of the mishap swear "Man so and so is just like his daddy"when in fact,the daddy was a complete different dog.

So ANY dog I buy/own,the only TRUE breeding that I could honestly say,are the ones that I do myself,off of those dogs.ANYTIME you are taking a pedigree,it is with faith that it is correct.And you might breed your Spike to your Rose,but if you didn't do the breeding yourself to produce Spike & Rose,ALL that you can be %100 sure of,is that you bred Spike to Rose.You may have gotten Spike thinking he was off of Tiger,and bred him to Rose with that in mind,but again,you don't really know how the 2 dogs you just bred are bred themselves.I don't care who did the breeding,your brother,best mate,cousin etc.Not saying that they would do that,but you are taking it with faith.A friend of mine,had a male that was decent.He was a natural bobtail that always in every litter produced at least one bobtail.His uncle had a real good dog that I wanted to breed to.It was too far a trip for me,so I gave my friend my stud fee,and sent my female with him.He called later,the breeding was done.When the pups were born,guess what a couple of bobtails.So I knew his male had bred her.He swore that he did not,that didn't matter,the proof was in the bobtails.Did he keep my cash and breed to his own?Was it just an accident and he thought the other male would override his in potency?I don't know.The pups turned out to be decent,but not what I wanted.

Are the pedigrees on my dogs correct?To the best of my knowledge.Could I swear that with a gun to my head?No way.The ONLY ones I can say for certain,are the ones I did myself.Some might say this is bullshit,"I know mine are out of so and so"I'm not saying they aren't but I'm not saying they are.

Years ago we owned Gr Ch Street Sweeper as a pup,along with about 4 of his sisters.Later,I found out the dog wasn't bred anything like advertised,the owner of his true sire was in jail,and couldn't sign the paperwork,and the breeder knew someone who owned a male bred alittle bit similar.A pup was given to use their papers to register SS.I got rid of all of them.SS later did himself proud when it counted,and was sold for very big money to a kennel who studded him out.We never said anything,it wasn't our place.Years later now everyone knows.Sorry to be longwinded,but the fact is we only can truly say a breeding is %100 authentic,if we do it ourselves,anything other than that,we are having faith that the people who did the breedings are accurate.

craig