Rimfire rabbits

Had a look out yesterday evening to thin out a few rabbits for an old farmer who was complaining about the numbers. On arrival he wasnt in and I noticed 3 rabbits sitting on his lawn , so out with the .22 and 2 of them were bagged.I then spotted a few woodies feeding on clover so I stalked to the dry stone wall and bagged one of these also .

post-29-1213538066.jpg

I continued to stalk the ground along the edge of some woodland where most of the rabbits were coming from.

post-29-1213538150.jpg

As I stalked along the edge of the wood I happened to look over the wall and was confronted by a nice roe-buck staring back at me from about only 20 yards :D

I continued round the woodland edge picking off rabbits as I was going and they were starting to mount up :clapper:

post-29-1213538326.jpg

I had 29 rabbits and 1 woodie and headed back to the farm to see if the old farmer was back , he was in and invited me in for a cuppa.

He then offered to chauffeur me around in his Mercedes 4x4 and see if we could get a few more................ :clapper:

post-29-1213538454.jpg

We drove around the same field a few times and I managed to finish the session on 73 rabbits and 1 woodie , not bad for a 3 hour session.

Never picked all the rabbits but heres a few that I did..............................

post-29-1213538594.jpg

The old boy was over the moon at the end result , its nice that a farmer appreciates your efforts.

He also said if you see the deer again shoot them ..................nice surprise to a good evenings shooting !!

Had a look out yesterday evening to thin out a few rabbits for an old farmer who was complaining about the numbers. On arrival he wasnt in and I noticed 3 rabbits sitting on his lawn , so out with the .22 and 2 of them were bagged.I then spotted a few woodies feeding on clover so I stalked to the dry stone wall and bagged one of these also .

post-29-1213538066.jpg

I continued to stalk the ground along the edge of some woodland where most of the rabbits were coming from.

post-29-1213538150.jpg

As I stalked along the edge of the wood I happened to look over the wall and was confronted by a nice roe-buck staring back at me from about only 20 yards :D

I continued round the woodland edge picking off rabbits as I was going and they were starting to mount up :clapper:

post-29-1213538326.jpg

I had 29 rabbits and 1 woodie and headed back to the farm to see if the old farmer was back , he was in and invited me in for a cuppa.

He then offered to chauffeur me around in his Mercedes 4x4 and see if we could get a few more................ :clapper:

post-29-1213538454.jpg

We drove around the same field a few times and I managed to finish the session on 73 rabbits and 1 woodie , not bad for a 3 hour session.

Never picked all the rabbits but heres a few that I did..............................

post-29-1213538594.jpg

The old boy was over the moon at the end result , its nice that a farmer appreciates your efforts.

He also said if you see the deer again shoot them ..................nice surprise to a good evenings shooting !!

Well done chap nice shooting and the chance of a deer next time

arcpest

its good when the old boy wants to come with you in the motor ,we have one like that must be in his 70s and turns in to as young lad in the motor ,with sounds coming out of his mouth like , theres one ,hurry up its going ,well done ,too your right ,theres more in the next field ,come again . :laugh: i think he loves it more than we do

Edited by rob reynolds uk
magpies and grey crows are also protected with them :rolleyes:

Don't know where you got that, the derogation was signed ages ago :yes:

derogation is only for a fixed period and purpose, they are protected! just like deer are protected but can be shot under licence within season.

It's outrageous that common corvids are given any measure of protection, the greens won't last much longer than their derogation i hope.

Bryan