hi lads thinking of getting a 4+4 but the Diesel prices are to much has any one tryed that bio Diesel and is it ok or do"s it nacker your motor comments please thanks :victory:

Edited by garry2

Bio Diesel is fine in older engines but you don't want to use it in high pressure diesels (most new ones) it will knacker the pump.

Watch out for the fuel filter blocking up, you will need to change it more often (all depends how will the Bio has been filtered)

When using Bio you will feel at lot more hungry (the exaust fumes smell like a chip shop)

In my experience the Bio Diesel tends to make engines run cleaner with less exhaust smoke.

My landrover 2.5td (not TDI) runs fine on anything but i wouldn't put Bio Diesel anywhere near my Nissan Pathfinder.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Well i read this thread and thought what the feck, i'll give it a go.

so i looked on the web and it looks like this bio diesel thing is sewn up price wise

its £1.19 a litre every where (thats from edmonton north london to east sussex) so its between 7 and 12 pence a litre cheaper depending on where you get your derv from.

well it was good stuff the navara went well, i would even say a bit crisper than usual, and the half a tank of bio did seem to

last a bit longer or was it my wishful thinking.

i made no changes to the engine at all and the stuff went in neat, the fella i got it from said that its probably better to mix it 75/25 with refined derv but that neat will work ok.

only issue is that for an avarage of 9p per litre saving its just not worth the trouble of finding the stuff.

The other issue is Greed, as usual, i asked the fella at the bio place if i could buy a 1000 litre container of the stuff at a better price and he said no as i sell so much of the stuff to local lorry drivers that i dont need to discount it !!

So if theres a strong demand then the price will remain high and we are in the same situation as the normal derv.

Of course if the government weren't stealing 64 % duty from it then we would be a little better off.

Guest gaz100604
Bio Diesel is fine in older engines but you don't want to use it in high pressure diesels (most new ones) it will knacker the pump.

Watch out for the fuel filter blocking up, you will need to change it more often (all depends how will the Bio has been filtered)

When using Bio you will feel at lot more hungry (the exaust fumes smell like a chip shop)

In my experience the Bio Diesel tends to make engines run cleaner with less exhaust smoke.

My landrover 2.5td (not TDI) runs fine on anything but i wouldn't put Bio Diesel anywhere near my Nissan Pathfinder.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers

absoloutly spot on that , i work for chrysler dodge and jeep and im selling bucket loads of fuel filters for lads using it on cherokees and grand cherokees one guy who has a chrysler voyager gets it for 90p a litre from the net. said hes a chauufeer so has no choice to use it.this stuff if clogging filters to a point vehciles are cutting out is not a good sign imagine what its doing to high pressure fuel pumps and injectors.on sum models a pump wold set you back £1k and injectors £800 each. imao, use on older vehicles.