Shooting for a living...

sorry I should have been more specific.

Gamekeeping

Vermin control

There are others on here better qualified to answer that than me, but if you do a search in the Gamekeeping section you should come up with some good results, I know there has been a lot said on the subject in the past.

That said, gamekeeping these days tends to require a decent relevant vocational qualification (NVQ etc) in gamekeeping/management, this will also provide you with a wealth of hands on opportunities too. As with all careers its getting harder to get into and a decent grounding from a course like this will help as well as giving you some contacts for once you are qualified. After that its a case of working your way up the ladder. Its worth noting that H&S legislation is playing a bigger role in shoot organisation so any little certificates you pick up on the way in ATV handling, safe use of pesticides, chainsaw use etc etc will all go towards showing a prospective employer you've got the skills, particularly as training in these is becoming more important for legeslative reasons.

Search the gamekeeping section, theres plenty there.....

sorry I should have been more specific.

Gamekeeping

Vermin control

Gamekeeping usually means joining an estate from leaving school and spend the next ten years working your way up the ladder.

Vermin control......well!! most of us do it for free, after buying all the gear and putting fuel in the tank to get to your permission. Or in other words, not a lot of money to be earned.

You could try for a job in pest control with the likes of Rent O Kill.

Good luck.

depending where you live, rural or city/town, I work for a pest control firm, that sub contracts to london underground, and yes you do a fair bit of shooting feral pidgeons, but thats just the tip of the iceburg, add to that all the normal rat/mice/cockroach/flies/fleas treatments we have to do, plus looking for dead rodents under ticket offices, then onto the birdwork and netting/spiking etc, or just cleaning pidgeon shit,

as a start with a pest control firm, you would need a full car license as most supply you with a van, although most firms give you in house training etc, they sent me for my BPCA, i still left a well paid job in construction, to start at the bottom of the ladder, on a measley £15,000 yr

Hey guys,

I was wondering how people get into this job shooting for a living and what the money was like. Any info would be great thanks

Hit man...the money is good and the hours are short, other than that "shooting" for a living is hard work, daft hours and poor pay....but I love it!!! :thumbs:

Who wouldn't, 02.00 in the morning, freezing cold, up to your ankles in mud and covered in the damp from the mist..must be mad! :victory:

Hey guys,

I was wondering how people get into this job shooting for a living and what the money was like. Any info would be great thanks

Hit man...the money is good and the hours are short, other than that "shooting" for a living is hard work, daft hours and poor pay....but I love it!!! :thumbs:

Who wouldn't, 02.00 in the morning, freezing cold, up to your ankles in mud and covered in the damp from the mist..must be mad! :victory:

Hey! Decker, is this you. http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=nHYC4ekzg60

:clapper::clapper:

Hey guys,

LMFAO :clapper::clapper: Love it

If it is you decker are you here on a working visa or are you an illegal??

Hey guys,

LMFAO :clapper::clapper: Love it

If it is you decker are you here on a working visa or are you an illegal??

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::clapper:

I hear that the mets anti brasilian squad based at stockwell have got some vancansies going! get to carry and use all sorts of firearms including a HK G3 :D