Howa Rifles....

I have a Howa 1500 with the laminate thumbhole stock and heavy barrel. It's excellent.

With 50gr American Eagle, it groups half inch at 100 yards. The magazine is very smooth and easy to use, and it's a well-made, quality piece of kit. It weighs too much for me in the field, but that's not a major issue as it was bought for the range and my other half in any case.

Strongly recommended. But, I will likely buy a Tikka T3 when I get a second 223 (lightweight, for rabbits, foxes, deer and canada geese) as I am not a big fan of the looks of the lighter barrel/Hogue stock version. Silly I know... But, hey, I might change my mind :)

Guest basil46
Pretty much as above. Looking at a Howa M-1500 in .223 as a foxing rifle....Looks to be a decent looking rifle. Any feed back would be great guys n gals..

I have just ordered my HOWA 1500 Sporter in 243. I liked the feel and the weight of it. There is a choice of green or black synthetic stock. I have yet to see a negative write up on them. There`s a good write up in Mays Shooting Sports.

basil.

• 7 months later...
Pretty much as above. Looking at a Howa M-1500 in .223 as a foxing rifle....Looks to be a decent looking rifle. Any feed back would be great guys n gals..

Hi all this is my first post on this forum, i have a Howa M-1500 wildcat mod .243 stainless varmint with the hogue stock firing 1 1/2 inch groups at 150yds with federal 100gr sp relatively new still only 20 shots fired since new.

The only sticky area with the gun i have found is with the stock trigger mine had a pull of 4 pound when measured. Have just bought and fitted a Timney trigger which i have set to 1 3/4 lb looking forward to the zeroing session as the gun now feels fantastic. I can recommend anyone who wants to fit one of these triggers to fit it themselves it was a doddle only minimal stock inletting required. The job took 30 mins to complete between cups of tea.

The next step i will be taking is the ammunition reloading researching a working on a load already. Anyone out there with ideas for N150 vihtavouri powder 100gr spbt speers.

Not a fan of the Hogue stocks at all but the Howa range is underated, it's getting a bit more recognition these days and in principle you won't go far wrong in my opinion!

i agree the stocks you either love them or hate them. Bell and Carlson make some mighty fine aluminium bedded replacements for the howa M1500 too, gonna have to save those pennies tho

I love the Hogue stocks, they might be flimsy up front but it doesn't seem to matter, and they have a reinforced swivel stud so your Harris bipod doesn't rip out the plastic.

I also find the grip about right for my hands too, very comfy, even in cold shitty weather.

I have a howa 1500 stainless, black hogue stock with wildcat mod in .223. I've only had it a few months but I cant fault it, very impressed with its 'out of the box' accuracy with mine shooting inch groups at 150 with remmy accu tips 55gr. Im not sure about the owners on here but I dont think there's a better rifle vaule for your money wise.

I have a howa 1500 stainless, black hogue stock with wildcat mod in .223. I've only had it a few months but I cant fault it, very impressed with its 'out of the box' accuracy with mine shooting inch groups at 150 with remmy accu tips 55gr. Im not sure about the owners on here but I dont think there's a better rifle vaule for your money wise.

i agree; but get one quick as the prices are rising as it gains popularity

hi ya I have a howa 1500 stainless, black hogue stock with wildcat mod in .223 aswell, its great rifle for foxes, love the hogue stock it dosent mater how much rain there is you can hold it with out fear it will slip out of your hands, I use 55gr accutips for foxes small entry hole nice big exit hole, you can get a conversion kit so you can fit a magazine but its a bit pricey about £250, wouldnt hesitate to get another one if something happened to mine, good luck and take the plunge go treat yourself you wont regret it

cris