I have started to go running just after dark so no one sees me :laugh: & already i feel better than i did a few weeks back , does anyone else run

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i only go a bit off a jog for now , but the dog likes it as well so we will both benefit :laugh:

The wife takes the young dog down the beach on an evening when she not working, gives me an hours peace and them their exercise, she feels good for it.

Take it steady and just do what ya feel is comfortable for yaself, take the dogs they will love it more than you :yes:

I run most days...I was running after work when I lived in town but now I live in the sticks I have to run before work. It's still pitch black when I start but it's getting light when I finish. The dogs love it.

i thought about going running once but then i thought if i run somewhere then i'd have to run back to where i started from which is completly pointless so i might aswell stay where i am :whistling:

HAHA I used to do that walking on the beaches in de nederlands, used to walk for hours then had to walk back to the car ;)

Well done Kay, running can be tough to start for someone thats never done it before, fair play to you for stickin with it enough to feel the benifits both phisically and mentally.

I've been in the sports & leisure industry most of my working life, run before that and still run now.

No better form of excercise can be done as easily and cheaply, as the old Nike ad said "Just do it".

Recently got Tracy to take up the challenge, shes been going the gym for about two years but never ran, I've been trying to persuade her of the benifits for all that time. Anyways, she started back in February, feckin loves it now and has entered the Liverpool 'Race For Life' event, i'm very proud.

Oh, just one last thing Kay, won't go into training, enough of those tips on the net BUT make sure you have decent running shoes, its well worth the cash spent, running can be hell on joints over time and shin splints are feckin agony!!

i run with the dog ( but not for long)...............and used to when i was younger.

they say if you increase tour heart rate to around 140 bpm for 20 mins a day......thats a good start.

good luck with it

sean

I have started to go running just after dark so no one sees me :laugh: & already i feel better than i did a few weeks back , does anyone else run

Only when being chased by the police or the missus kay... :laugh: