Some People Just Don't Think Do They?

Living next to a large country estate with plenty of woods and remote country lanes as i do, i often find animals dumped at the roadside......chickens and bantams are common.....and and on one particular shoot day a huge multi-coloured Parrot was put over the guns. But I witnessed an act of such stupidity that it beggars belief. Driving through a wooded area along a narrow lane, my eyes were drawn to an orange and white bundle of fur turning cartwheels on the verge. Reversing the 4x4 back i went to investigate........I expected to see a fox cub or such like having been clipped by a car........but it wasn't that.

It was a beautiful lop-eared rabbit that had a stoat firmly latched to the back of it's neck.......and it was in the last throws of it's life. The stoat ran off and i quickly ended the poor creatures suffering.......but then what was worse, i spotted an identical rabbit already dead but still warm laying a few feet away. Some mindless moron had turned loose what were obviously the outgrown childrens pets..........to live happily ever after in a nice wooded glade. I wish the person who let them loose was there to witness the result of his or her stupidity........the rabbits never had a chance having been kept and reared in a hutch all there lives..........and these are probably the same people that would berate me for carrying out my day to day pest control duties......and accuse me of being cruel........makes you think doesn't it?

Rolfe.

Living next to a large country estate with plenty of woods and remote country lanes as i do, i often find animals dumped at the roadside......chickens and bantams are common.....and and on one particular shoot day a huge multi-coloured Parrot was put over the guns. But I witnessed an act of such stupidity that it beggars belief. Driving through a wooded area along a narrow lane, my eyes were drawn to an orange and white bundle of fur turning cartwheels on the verge. Reversing the 4x4 back i went to investigate........I expected to see a fox cub or such like having been clipped by a car........but it wasn't that.

It was a beautiful lop-eared rabbit that had a stoat firmly latched to the back of it's neck.......and it was in the last throws of it's life. The stoat ran off and i quickly ended the poor creatures suffering.......but then what was worse, i spotted an identical rabbit already dead but still warm laying a few feet away. Some mindless moron had turned loose what were obviously the outgrown childrens pets..........to live happily ever after in a nice wooded glade. I wish the person who let them loose was there to witness the result of his or her stupidity........the rabbits never had a chance having been kept and reared in a hutch all there lives..........and these are probably the same people that would berate me for carrying out my day to day pest control duties......and accuse me of being cruel........makes you think doesn't it?

Rolfe.

and they think they know all about wild life. :no:

It takes the piss. People should think about the commitment before having animals, but failing that, what's wrong with putting a 'Free to a good home' ad in the local supermarket?

We have the same problem with people throwing out pet rabbits, most die in the first week, but a few do survive, but i must admit they throw up some beautiful colours in the following years, we have a few black, and, tan and white rabbit running around at the moment, It strange that the adults can survive the first summer but dont seem to survive the first winter, but their young will be seen for a couple of years,

The same is happening here, I cant really prove it but the appearance of Black rabbits about the place is more than enough to clear my mind.

I am also sure I have released foxes here, the number of times I have shot foxes with their ribs almost poking through their chest is innumerable.

Currently, I have a Golden Eagle circling my patch, now that aint flown from Scotland. :whistling:

SS :thumbs:

My dogs marked an overturned sheep feeder a couple of years back. I thought rats, so whipped it over and the dogs killed 4 guinea pigs before I caught the dogs up. I left the other 5 or 6 to their new life (in a field on the edge of the Moor). Some kind soul had released them (this was about 6 weks after Xmas). When I did the same walk a month or so later there was no sign of them, suprisingly enough. Pricks!

Ive picked up two pet rabbits from work and brought them home ,and there's loads of differnt coloured rabbits running about the fields so maybe this practice is a bit more common than you think

There was something on the telly a wee while back about well-meaning morons "rescuing" urban foxes and releasing them in the wilds. They just sat shivering in the middle of a field shit scared of all the open space.

a couple of months ago (with ice still on the ground) Kye called me at work to tell me Demon had been scratting about in a field near the house that had quail set aside on one side and cattle on the other, and had run back up to the house with an exotic longhaired guinnea pig in his mouth. Obviously it hadn't escaped a pet store nor had it been living wild, it had been dumped out here as we are a few miles outside of town on a county road. Brainless idiots just don't think.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Had a pet rabbit on my ground last year. Lamped it up and later went back out to try and catch it for my neighbours kids. Wrote it up on here.

Ran off, sadly. I don't think it lasted the night :no: