One for Mr J Darcy

For several years I 'toured' the UK hunting with everyone that I thought had something to offer, wherebeit, good land to walk over,.good dogs to see in action,.or just great experience to learn and benifit from.

I'm a slow learner,..and a bit of a soft touch :D ...so,.it took me a long time to learn my lessons..

Basicaly,..there are an awful lot of 'users' out there..Guys that will say one thing to your face , and another behind your back. And even if you own a good sort of dog, be it a terrier or a running dog, they will frequently bad mouth you. Its no good saying that 'you all saw my dogs doing the business',.because it counts for nothing in the eyes and minds of such folk.

These people will always shit on you, they just can't help themselves.

Today,.I mostly walk alone. Its not much fun , because I genuinely like a laugh and a drink, but I don't have the temperament to mix in with fellahs that are insincere or are total liars.

Whats the point ? There is no profit in it ;)

My advice to anyone who gets upset by such unfair treatment is to get fecking used to it, or choose your company very carefuly..'Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer'.... ;)

All the best to all genuine hunters,...ChalkWarren.... ;)

CHALKWARREN very wise words :yes:

As for people slagging dogs off the worlds full of it.

I seen scooby run plenty of times he's a class dog and i seen the dog run lame 1 night and JD did the same that night put the dog away.Thats after 3 and a half hours driving each way.

Genuine dog Genuine dog lad.

Not ares licking just telling it how it is ;)

Very true comments :yes:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nightwalker

Over the years I have learned to be very selective where I run my dogs, to me it just isnt worth the risk of wrecking feet and injuring the dog by running it on very stony or flinty ground and I also wont run a dog anywhere with too much wire. Why risk ruining a good dog or having it out of action for weeks with big vet bills when you can always go somewhere else? I grew up in the cotswolds and used to need a kennel of 4 or 5 dogs to be certain of having one sound dog to run all the time because of the stony ground. These days I just keep walking past the worst fields and only run the least stony fields, I certainly miss some rabbits and other stuff because of this but feck it, what's a rabbit or two compared to a dog out of action for weeks or ruined through broken toes and hundreds of pounds spent on vet bills. Stupid young macho boys can ruin their dogs if they want, but I learned better than that years ago.

Who the hell would want to put months and years of effort, love and training into a dog, only to feck it up by forcing the dog to run when they knows it's gonna get hurt, just to prove a point? These are the sort of a&*eholes who will then sell the dog on "cos it's crap" - truth is, the owner's crap and not worthy of owning such an animal. If there's a strong chance of the dog getting hurt - why don't you take yer boots and socks off and run the f*ckin field? W*nks!

Anyone who puts their head above the fence is always gonna get their share of pr*cks willing to shoot them down - Plummer etc. - the difference with JD (not having met him, but going on reports from friends who have and who I hold in high regard) is that he - and his dogs - can walk-the-walk as well as talk-the-talk.

Hope he has a speedy recovery JD.

just read this thread now,so lets clear it up once and for all,i was there with j darcy,i had a dog, darcy had scooby,and the third person had a dog as well,i was the driver darcys job was to get the dogs out as quick as possible,i think you sucked at this darcy,to slow,scooby did run and kill a roe on the way down,he had one run down here and went lame,so that was him finished for the night,are dogs were up for a bit more ,my bitch caught a and being that scooby is not up for that sort of thing was left in the motor,and that is how it happend,no more no less,if who ever is adding bits on to this story wonts to come down and go out your more then welcome,lets see if you get your dog out of the motor,darcy sorry to hear about your dog mate,and you are welcome down here anytime,

Edited by jah

Jah, thats pretty much it really. scoob killed a CWD on the way down, but the rest is ok. I ran scoob and he went lame, nothing we can do about that.I do think it was "one of those nights" really. seen plenty but none were right out. :no: maybe next time..... :ph34r:

:good: sorry jd i thought you had a roe,but yes it was one of those nights,but as soon as your dog is up and running then we will get out again,in the mean time jd,if you wont to come down and watch mine go your more then welcome, :good:
Guest Nightwalker
i dont think scoobs younge3er brother was for sale ...and how can you put a price on the dog????? i have seen tarmacs youngster and its a belter....for such a young dog shows alot of promise.... :good:

What ahs happened to your young dog ? Charva? How old is he, is he doing well?

• 2 months later...