Young Rabbits

Guest Magwitch

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Magwitch
Half or three quarter grown - keep the saddle attached to the back legs fried in olive oil, garlic and spring onions - nothing better, Yes I shoot youngsters.

I have a greek friend Matt and use to give him the half grown ones, he use to cook them with risotto rice and all the veg from his garden and we would have it for tea at work, and i must say that was the best rabbit ive ever tasted it use to fall from the bone uuummm......

hi i have no problem at all ,

i have been asked to take care of the problem then that is exactly [bANNED TEXT] i will do .

despite the guys who give me bad feedback from some of my posts some of you lads use it as a sport

you wont have a sport if the landowner isn't seeing results end of

davy

Yip, if it's rabbit clearance then take out every bunny regardless of size.

Stallion.

Me too, I always feel a bit guilty when it's only a titch in the sights, but they will grow into big 'uns if you don't shoot.

When you speak to farmers they say they have hundreds of rabbits, a large proportion of them are young in spring/summer. They have to eat as much crop to get bigger so if you do your job well there is no problem plus their good for bbq`s and ferret food.

Edited by camgun

i bagged 10 yesterday with the hmr, and i am planning futher casualties today, 3 young involved but simply put they are a pest in most areas.

my futherest shot yesterday was 143 yards which i was pleased with.

i bagged 4 in the one field with no mod on exciting stuff.

Before i start im going to say that this is in no way a attempt at starting arguments... :victory:

But why is it that no one seams to be bothered about shooting bunnies at any age and at any time of the year (me incluced) but when someone takes a fox or cub at this time of year there slated for being cruel or un sporting...( to me vermin is vermin at any time of the year) :hmm:

any one any theories (sp) on this one ??

Guest silenthunter
As some of you may know i shoot a small fruit farm which is infested with Brer, the farmer wants as many shot as possible as the damage they do hits his pocket quite hard. Personally i have no qualms about shooting all year round but wanted your thoughts on the matter.

i have caught at least 30 young rabbits this year i ferret all year round because only use hobs got 9 ig hobs and i dont breed with them so i shoot all year round and i set mk6 fenn traps in the burrows all year round the landowner gives you permission to get rid of mate you get rid or he get some one else in i have got permission on a big estate near me and the gamekeeper always wonts rid of them all year round if i said no he just go and get some one else a rabit is a rabit mate big or small they eat crop being small or big every time they have a munch on a root of a crop its costing the land owner plus you cant beat nice young rabbits there delicouse to eat happy hunting silenthunter....p.s pic of two shot at 35 yards yesturday morning waiting for them to come out of the warren post-18629-1211040316.jpeg

Before i start im going to say that this is in no way a attempt at starting arguments... :victory:

But why is it that no one seams to be bothered about shooting bunnies at any age and at any time of the year (me incluced) but when someone takes a fox or cub at this time of year there slated for being cruel or un sporting...( to me vermin is vermin at any time of the year) :hmm:

any one any theories (sp) on this one ??

Very simple!! Rabbits breed f***ing fast, foxes don't.