Scottish Tail Docking Petition

There is a petition doing the rounds to try anf re-instate tail docking in Scotland under regulations, please take the time to sign :-

Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

"Petition to reinstate tail docking for working dogs in Scotland"

Tail Docking

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------

hope im the first of many on this site to get it signed :clapper:

p.s expect me to bump this over the next few weeks

Good stuff Ali, thanks, have posted this on a load of forums I use so heres hoping lots of people sign up !!

Nic

signed.

had to get one of my danes tails docked, i know its not really the same as a gundog but only commenting because of the damage that was done.

she licked the skin off the end completely so the vet bandaged it up. that bandage fell off within an hour so i did it. left in on for three days and when i took it off i found it had been on too tight, one dead tail for about 3 inches.

vet then chopped it off but not enough, she burst it all again with her exuberant tail wagging so the vet had to chop more off. this dog is a pet so was not exactly missed in the field but a told it took 6-7 weeks to sort, with a lot of blood and pain for her in the bargain (not to mention the £700 cost).

now measure that up to a gundog at the height of the season.

GRIM