Fly-fishing..........................

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol,i not getting involved in this debate about ish,i personally dont care how they were caught as i am sure they will still taste just as good if caught in a net or on the fly or hook,,got a question for you all,i am new to this fly fishing scene and it looks like i will be doing a fair bit on the river,i will be starting to get out in the next 2 weeks and i have only got a small selection of flies that came with the kit i bought,so what flies can you lot recommend i use on the river,the river in question is the usk in wales ,i dont want to take loads of flies with me just a small selection,so any tips on what flies you can recommend would be great,i understand there flies for different times of the year with different flies hatching but i am totally lost,so i am hoping you guys can save me the trouble and suggest a few flies i can pick up from my brothers tackle shop this weekend,any help would be appreciated

I will give you the waders back next week Joe,sorry mate,I didnt see them because it was dark :icon_redface:

top class lads a good days fishing had many a good one meself while fly fishing in the dark for salmon :whistling:

A Salmon is a wild fish those Rainbows did belong to someone and was there any need to take so many?

hares ear.small gold head nymphs ,olives

Good choices, also think about other smallish dries and tha may fly will soon be active.

Or you could always use mackem's net or one of his disposable rods.

Fly fishing is an art wife,though I cant promise you will be as successful on your first few trys but I am sure your going to enjoy it :victory: But a tip for you mate,always make sure your mate gets his waders from the boot to avoid a misunderstanding like this :icon_redface:

Have a look at the post mate,see the pic?Not many palm trees here abouts,I have a few pics of me fly fishing somewhere,I will stick one up :victory: I used gill-nets in the north-sea a few times,doesnt mean I am going to take a trawler onto a trout lake :D

Edited by mackem

Mackem why have you changed where you come from. Sunderland you may come from yes but thats not where your living. The fish in the pic do look like they have some net damage.

May I also add you may think its funny to brag about stealing large numbers of fish but someone like myself quite often doesn't earn what you've taken in a short time, in a week! I have a family to feed and bills to pay. I hope the owner of the fish you have taken can afford to lose such numbers.

I am in this buisness for the love of fishing and the cuntryside if I were a victim of such activities then my business would eventually fail and my fellow fly fishers and I would lose out.