FOXHUNTER & FOXDROPPER

Well last week saw me travel down to my good mates, Foxdropper in Wilts for a spot of stalking and lamping.

On arrival he told me the keeper had phoned him to ask if he could deal with some cubs , so off we went in search and duly dealt with 3.

post-29-1209402035.jpg

Next morning saw us out at 5am , on arrival at the farm we spied a fox travelling down a fence line followed by another. We watched as the vixen caught up with the dog and lay beside him submissively in the grass. FD tried a call but the pair were too smitten with each other , then FD said "quick behind you " another fox had come to the call and was only about 20 yards away , I turned round and couldnt believe that I shot it. On closer inspection though it turned out to be a blind vixen....................did the poor thing a favour !!

post-29-1209402293.jpg

Out stalking at midday and I managed to take a nice buck after it had given us the runaround for 1/2 an hour.

post-29-1209402390.jpg

Evening stalk we went to another piece of ground and once again I was lucky to take another buck which was lying down in a hedge with a nice head shot as thats all I could see........

post-29-1209402499.jpg

Then it was out lamping again , FD showed off his expert calling skills and called in a brace close , shot the pair , vixen 1st dog fox 2nd.

post-29-1209402611.jpg

Continued....................

Next day saw us out at 5am once again ( no rest for the wicked ) I spied a young buck lying in some grass , we stalked into him and FD whistled for him to stand but the buck had other ideas and just lay there. I had to take a head shot and was well pleased when I pulled it off ...........184 paces!!

post-29-1209402835.jpg

Midday saw me take another young buck after playing cat and mouse with him to get a safe shot........

post-29-1209402915.jpg

Evening stalking................this was the highlight of my trip!!We spied a good buck some 600 yards away and stalked into as close as we could. But we were still a good way off with nothing but open ground in front of us and the deer were a bit suspicious. I decided to go for it and Im glad I did ..............I dropped the best buck of my life at 255 paces.........Definitely medal class but I wont speculate til its measured............

post-29-1209403105.jpg

post-29-1209403148.jpg

On our way back to the car a very strange thing happened ............it was right on dark and I spotted 2 black shapes walking towards us , on looking through my bins I could see it was 2 muntjac. So me and FD lay side by side , I shot 1st and took the buck quickly followed by FD who took the doe . Brilliant end to a fantastic trip.

post-29-1209403389.jpg

Thanks again mate for another brilliant trip!! :clapper::clapper:

Hope your trip up here will be as successful !!

Guest Ditch_Shitter
then FD said "quick behind you "

I'll bet ye thought, " Aha! Ye not having me with That old one! " :laugh:

Seriously though; How revolting and strange is that? She doesn't appear to be exactly decrepit. Any idea what could possibly have caused her blindness?

That aside, you guys have got me absolutely writhing in pure envy here! Everyone seems to be out popping off Roebucks just now! I'd give my remaining teeth for a crack at that! Khrrrrist, I'm sick with envy! :laugh:

Come to that; I'd just like to be able to shoot Something, round here, that I could bloody well eat!

Best of luck with that mega head there too :)

well done mark and FD :notworthy::notworthy: fuksache mark you werent joking about that head its a good un. looks like it'll have to be saturday morning for the weeekend mate, was out tonight and glassed four but left them for the weekend. phone you thursday night.

alan.