lurchers pups

Guest ben blackmore27

Guest ben blackmore27

Anyone njo how to get rid of the dogs pups before they are pregnant got stuck in first heat season dont want pups of her yet so any ideas welcome and done realli fancy payin the vets bills

Anyone njo how to get rid of the dogs pups before they are pregnant got stuck in first heat season dont want pups of her yet so any ideas welcome and done realli fancy payin the vets bills

Don't be daft: any home intervention will seriously put your bitch's life at risk! Get her to the vet asap and get her jabbed up: not an ideal solution and only any use if within 24 hours of the mating. Doesn't always work properly either: bitches have been known to deliver one or two deformed pups even after getting the jab, which incidently will also bring her back into season proper for another 3 weeks as a rule.

If several days have passed since the mating or you don't want to take her to the vet you'll just have to go through with the pregnancy. Once she has the pups you have a couple of options. Get the majority of the pups PTS at birth and just leave her with a couple to satisfy her maternal instincts and take the milk off her, or rear the whole litter and find good homes for them.

Don't under any circumstances be tempted to get rid of all the pups at birth as this is extremely cruel to the bitch, though obviously if she has been jabbed and still has a couple of deformed pups you'd have to do that anyway.

get her jabbed up: not an ideal solution and only any use if within 24 hours of the mating.

i dont think thats correct sKycat theres a few drugs out there available to vets that will work on dogs and cats one in particular up to 33 days i think...

For christ sake get her to the vets. If you can't afford the vets bill, then you should not have the dog in the first place. What a totally irresponsible attitude to have are you really going to risk your dog's life?

For christ sake get her to the vets. If you can't afford the vets bill, then you should not have the dog in the first place. What a totally irresponsible attitude to have are you really going to risk your dog's life?

spot on, nick barker

he dont fancy paying the vets bill, what a cock

get her jabbed up: not an ideal solution and only any use if within 24 hours of the mating.

i dont think thats correct sKycat theres a few drugs out there available to vets that will work on dogs and cats one in particular up to 33 days i think...

id go for 24 hrs to be safe mate.

the longer you leave it the worse for the dog but thats me.

if you leave it later they could still have them!!!!! :icon_eek:

id go for 24 hrs to be safe mate.

the longer you leave it the worse for the dog but thats me.

if you leave it later they could still have them!!!!! :icon_eek:

had a collie get the shots and she had four deformed pups just let her raise a couple and dispose of the rest. If you get her the shot and it only half works you are still screwed

Guest manda

I think letting her get on with the pregnancy will be your best bet and find them good homes, and while she's preg you can save for 9-10 wks and affords to get the vet to check over them and mummy!

going to cost a lot more to raise a litter. then are you able to pay if any complications. arise then pups and dam will need quality food to raise them proper and jabs for any pups that dont sell straight away the costs go on ..if shes only just taken get her to the vets and discuss your options mate. different if you loads of good homes waiting

:notworthy: You are right! I just googled this: not a very nice option by the sounds of it: I'd sooner cull most of the pups at birth, let her rear a couple and hand them over to somewhere like Lurcherlink to find them good homes at the appropriate age. Just an idea.

Here's the link for that drug to cause abortion in bitches.

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathp.../terminate.html