Rabbits arent a pest

Guest greengrass123

Guest greengrass123
:big_boss: Anybody watch countryfile yesterday .Some so called well educated bird was saying rabbits arent really the pest there cracked up to be. Tell that to the farmers where i go controlling. :nono::nono::nono:

she is likely NOT a farmer and is only dealing with bunnies that are abandoned or live in a completely wild setting where they dont bother anyone..... but i would be willing to bet it all on her just dealing with pet bunnies.

hell.... i have domesticated meat rabbits and they're a pain in my ass with some of the crap they get up to!! one of them got loose the other day and the white spotted gator got her..... stupid rabbit wouldnt come to ME - the one who feeds her - nope. just as well i suppose. if the dog didnt get her then she would have eaten the crops.

she is likely NOT a farmer and is only dealing with bunnies that are abandoned or live in a completely wild setting where they dont bother anyone..... but i would be willing to bet it all on her just dealing with pet bunnies.

hell.... i have domesticated meat rabbits and they're a pain in my ass with some of the crap they get up to!! one of them got loose the other day and the white spotted gator got her..... stupid rabbit wouldnt come to ME - the one who feeds her - nope. just as well i suppose. if the dog didnt get her then she would have eaten the crops.

you dont get BBC1 over where you live then :clapper:

she was a dr of sorts, that had done a 25yr study on wild rabbits

she still talked a load of b0ll0cks though

Guest greengrass123
Its another anti hunting progam, just look at the reporter's they use , it says it all :thumbdown:

BIRD

Could be right on that one mate. Regardless ive never heard such bullshit.

Guest fight the ban
:big_boss: Anybody watch countryfile yesterday .Some so called well educated bird was saying rabbits arent really the pest there cracked up to be. Tell that to the farmers where i go controlling. :nono::nono::nono:

me farther reckons 8 rabbits eat the same as 1 sheep, was she educated to that

i saw it she was defo in the land of the fairies, if i remember correctly the study was done on a smallish plot in the study grounds,

The University she's at is about 20 miles from me. It looks like she has been studying one piece of land over the years that belongs to the National Trust (or similar - I'm a bit drunk and can't remember!). They were quite happy that the land had developed into a great place for heather, dross, etc to grow and that the rabbits urine had created a great place for long weeds (for the butterflies!) - oh and that the rabbits had kept the grass nice and short (well, that's OK if you're a wheat farmer then!).

She also said Myxi is as effective now as it was in 1955 (so how come I'm regularly catching healthy rabbits that look like they've got over Myxi then?), that rabbits are now only at a fraction of the numbers pre-myxi (scientific studies put the current number at 37million compared to 55million when Myxi was released - hardly 'a fraction' more like 70%) and that, typically, does are only having 1 kit per year (so maybe several does are nesting their kits in the same place then!).

I think I'll invite her out into the real world!

Crow

COUNTRY FILE.................more like........POLITICAL-TOURIST-MY ARSE FILE.

How do they think..........oh!! they don't.

another thing is.............BADGERS = GOOD HOW!!?!?!?!?!?!

AND grey squirells are better than no squirells..........must be pissed!!!!!????

FACT= 1 pair of breeding rabbits, can, produce after 3 years..............33 million rabbits.

becuase they dont care if its there sister, brother,auntie,uncle, etc etc........do the maths!!!!!

anyway rant over...............going shooting to calm down!!

I find it funny how that farmer was Ranting on about their cuasing so much damege and costing so much money but if someone was to knock on his door and ask for permission to ferret his land he would be told to bugger off....just like a lot of the farmers moaning they want to make money out of it..

I find it funny how that farmer was Ranting on about their cuasing so much damege and costing so much money but if someone was to knock on his door and ask for permission to ferret his land he would be told to bugger off....just like a lot of the farmers moaning they want to make money out of it..

Spot on, :victory: BIRD

you dont get BBC1 over where you live then :clapper:

she was a dr of sorts, that had done a 25yr study on wild rabbits

she still talked a load of b0ll0cks though

i dont know what sort of BBC we get but its on satellite... nothing spectacular. you guys are a better source of UK news than the channel we pick up lol

as for her.... like was mentioned by someone else.... she was studying one group in a particular area that PROBABLY had a decent predator/prey ratio.

you know the routine.... too many bunnies and not enough hunters then bad things happen... and if there are too many foxes and not enough prey then they'll go find prey.. be it the family chihuahua, chickens, ducks, lambs etc... and even if there are enough rabbits, i dont think a fox cares. a meal is a meal. its easier if its boxed up and ready to eat like in a chicken coop.

anyway yes someone please take her for a walk in the real world..

i'm sad to say i dont see many wild rabbits where i live.... we live in a very wild area but i guess they're being kept in check by SOMETHING! while walking the bulldogs a few weeks ago i saw tufts of rabbit hair scattered around by the side of the road.. didnt see tracks or blood so i am assuming a bird got it? thats the closest i've come to a wild rabbit in several years..