Airedale pup from Redline working lines

A couple of pics of my pup> Dill. These two pics were taken towards the end of June: she's grown again since then. I'm beginning to think she'll be very like her sire in appearance.

She NEVER stops hunting when she's off the lead, burrows into cover, nettles and brambles alike just like a little terrier does. Obviously got a good nose: can air scent a rabbit from a distance, and will follow scent to cover or ground.

Smashing temperament, never put out, worried or anything negative at all. Very easy and biddable to live with, though she will hunt on too far if I let her. The trick is to only take her where there's a lot of rabbits in the cover, then she'll stay with the rest of the pack and work with them.

She's growing fast again now having slowed down for the teething thing, though I don't think she'll be as big as I'd hoped. Heavy Yes! She stands just over 20" at the moment, though there's still room to grow: her skin is miles too big for her body.

Anyway, she'll still be too big to get to ground which is the main thing: as long as she marks earths and flushes from cover she'll be doing the job I got her for.

Loves retrieving anything and she'll be out beating this season.

I really haven't got anything negative to say about her and she's fun to have around too; gets on well with the other dogs, very laid back, though always ready for a game. She's just started taking a real interest in the geese on the lake, but hasn't started swimming yet. Copes with the heat surprisingly well considering her coat and build, much better than the GSD cross who goes into melt down very quickly when its warm. Dill just ploughs on regardless, cover bashing with the little terriers LOL Mind you, it does rather sound like a tractor pushing through the brambles. At least I'll always know where she is LOL

post-5156-1216113758_thumb.jpg

post-5156-1216113798_thumb.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
here is a pic of the male and female

post-4522-1208629400_thumb.jpg

and one of a male pup that i kept

post-4522-1208629242_thumb.jpg

oldskool

the dogs in the pics that have been put up are all redline airedales that are slicks (shortcoated) this type of dog has always been about odd one's have turned up in litters for years but were always put down by breeders because they did not look like what people wanted (longcoated) the only hound that was used in there development was the otterhound

Ian

i am after a redline airedle was wondering if u could help as to were i could get one from

This is Brin shes 1/2 airedale and 1/2 pit...The airedale 1/2 of her is the sandhill redline blood from Henry Johnson...I use her with the little terriers as a draw dog...

post-22416-1228518920.jpg

post-22416-1228518998_thumb.jpg

post-22416-1228519012_thumb.jpg

Edited by rc1
here is a pic of the male and female

post-4522-1208629400_thumb.jpg

and one of a male pup that i kept

post-4522-1208629242_thumb.jpg

oldskool

the dogs in the pics that have been put up are all redline airedales that are slicks (shortcoated) this type of dog has always been about odd one's have turned up in litters for years but were always put down by breeders because they did not look like what people wanted (longcoated) the only hound that was used in there development was the otterhound

Ian

i am after a redline airedle was wondering if u could help as to were i could get one from

The guy that bred mine says he's not breeding any more due to having problems finding homes for the pups last time. PM me and I'll give you my number for a chat: there are a few more about in the UK that he has bred but no one has bred any more Airedales as yet: I do think there is a limited market for them as they do need good handling and training if they are to be controllable. Not the sort of dog that you can just leave in the kennel then take out: though of course I'd say that of any dog really, but as these dogs are really smart with high drive they would be a pain in the arse left to do their own thing

Guest miller1989

nice one first time ive seen an airedale ive a bull/airedale/gh bitch puping her for next season! as you say very easy to work along with does jus about anything and everything!nice one mate!

Great topic

just some questions on airdales are they open on a trail that is do they give voice when running game?

when I spoke with some american fellas about them they said they tend to be very rough at a bay that may or may not suit their style of hunting but as our dogs are expected to find run and catch hogs they may well suit us out here do you have trouble with them being rough when hunting boar in europe are they killed because of it?

The only hunting airdale I have known in this country was a airdale x greyhound which was used in victoria as a fox dog. and did very well at it.

Stevemac

Guest miller1989

Well i couldnt tell you the answer sorry! but my airdale/bull/gh doesnt yap at all silent stalker if anything nothing fast enough to make her yap coz shes realy fast but couldnt tell you anything else about them im learning from these post! just an allrounder does everything!

stevemac

they do not open up on a trail only when they get to game and i have never heard of one haveing problem on hogs from the guys that use them in the us they have a very good brain and use it, i am not sure weather any of the hunting aredales went out there by you but i can remember ( i think ) that frosty was offered a dog if he wanted to have it dont know what happened ?, you should go on to a couple of the us broards and ask them there about that type of hunting

• 1 year later...

Hopefully next year. She's only just 2 years old and I'd sooner wait until she is at least 4 years old, but in my heart of hearts and from the evidence I've seen so far I think that she is worth breeding from. I'm trying to do as much as I can with her this season but her big problem is that she has massive phantom pregnancies which last at least 3 months after her season, which means she just isn't on the ball mentally or physically during that time.

It's a real pain as she goes a bit stupid, deaf and plain doo-lally!! I've never had a lurcher or terrier bitch this bad before, and there's a part of me that thinks she might be really difficult to mate as she is such a dominant stroppy bitch: too many male hormnones: she acts like a male dog half the time! I could be making something of nothing, but we'll have to wait and see. Once thing's for sure, and this would be a first for me: I''ll get her spayed after having a litter as I can't bear this phantom thing especially as she comes in season once a year (so far) in the autumn, which means she is only just now coming out of the phantom and starting to act sensible again.