Those Born 1930-1979

got this is an email.... i was born in 1982 but much of it applies to me anyway :tongue2:

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930s, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets. Not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank Kool-aid made with sugar, but we weren't overweight because, WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet or chat rooms........

WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had f reedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

If YOU are one of them, CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives for our own good .

While you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave (and lucky) their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!

The quote of the month:

'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?'

For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us...go ahead and ignore this.

For the rest of us...pass this on.

got this is an email.... i was born in 1982 but much of it applies to me anyway :tongue2:

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930s, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets. Not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank Kool-aid made with sugar, but we weren't overweight because, WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet or chat rooms........

WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had f reedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

If YOU are one of them, CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives for our own good .

While you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave (and lucky) their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!

The quote of the month:

'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?'

For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us...go ahead and ignore this.

For the rest of us...pass this on

hell that makes you feel good to be old, :clapper::clapper: and never a truer word spoken :tongue2::tongue2:

I was born mid 50's and most of that relates to my childhood, damn good times. :victory:

The young of today seem to lack initiative and the most common phrase they utter is ‘got nufink to do’. I never had enough time in the day to do all I wanted to do, even though I was up in the morning with my dad at 6.00am. Summer holidays seemed to be over before they started.

I’m a grandad now with two lovely grandchildren and I’m doing my very best to make sure they have a childhood similar to that of mine.

Rant over.

Brilliant!

Those were the days ;)

Thats the way a childhood should be! I cant believe how lazy some kids are nowadays. Its nearly impossible to get them away from the tv/computer.

Dont forget the wonderful dogs that were out as well. They werent restricted either and they always seemed to be streetwise, strong, friendly, healthy, and longlived. :yes:

so true, goverments of today passing diabolical laws willy nilly instead of passing a handful of common sense laws that could really change things for the better and unraveling the rest they have dreamt up to try and legitamise their over inflated salarys and expense list, maybe bring in some polish to do their jobs instead? we are always hearing how hardworking they are, so they would work for 30 grand and their exoenses would only be 5-10 grand , their 1st home would be a terrace for 100 grand and their second home a static which wouldnt cost 40 grand to rig out with the latest must haves.WANKERS.

i dont understand why a lazy ass politician makes more than a ditch digger...... in fact for the work involved a ditch digger should be paid more considering how he is ruining his back, knees, and neck by doing his job. what does a politician suffer from? a heart attack from eating too much beef????

and yeah i'm wondering what happened too.... how the hell did it get this way? people cant think for themselves??

anyway check this guy out :victory:Let Nature Take Its Course

born 1967 grew up on a council estate where everyone had the same (not a lot most of the time) what fun we had as kids though surrounded by football fields (the best footballers the island produced came from that estate) a golf course , a great way to make money, every other lad had a ferret and/or a terrier, all the lads are still close pals and at least 3 of them are selfmade millionairs 2 through buildin 1 through finance but aint forgot there roots, you go to the same estate now you never see kids doin the same things as us they need a pocket full of money they respect no one and the place is full of dope cocaine and heroin , sad but true.

yep agree with it all born early 50s spent week ends and after school in the castle grounds

bute park with my airgun or fishing the river taff and all hollidays on the farm ferreting longnetting

with my uncle a game keeper from monmouth september wildfowling and boat fishing with my dad

life was good

now bute park is a no go area for kids as they are advised by police to stay away as its full of queers :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4:

we all know that they have allways been around but years ago they were kept under control like vermin

now they have more rights than the rest of us and the kid now hang around street corners

bring back the 50s and the laws that were in force back then including street law :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

when a fight was a fight with fists and the best man won somtimes and if you were put on your arse

you did not have to worry about being kicked to death or knifed i think i better stop now or i will

end up writing a book

sorry if i ran on a bit