FAC Air

mjt

Hi all

Looking at getting an FAC air rifle all ready got ticket for 22lr & 17HMR, looking at getting a Rapid or Airwolf can anybody recommended anyone that can fine tune them. Also has any one had any experiences with an FAC Airwolf put off slightly with all the electrics. Which one of the two would be the quitest.

Martin

hi mate the air wolf is a cracking rifle. but alot of money if you go and get fac air then go secondhand and for a gun that is allready fac'd is cheaper then having to get it done.

the only thing i will say against the airwolf is it wont be as easy to adjust the power like a rapid 7 would be.

i would go for the rapid mk 2 if i where you. i have a stalker s10 fac and i find it better then the rapid. but again its not as easy to fine tune like a rapid is so the rapid is your best bet.

Edited by jamie g
If you've got .22lr, FAC air is a waste of time. Get some 35ft/lb bulets (CCI 29gr 710fps), these will do what a good FAC air rifle will do without spending hundreds of pounds.

Edit: It will probably be quieter too with a half decent mod.

i disgree mate at the end of the day fac air will be safer then 22lr even if it has the 35ftlb bullets.

plus fac air is good to use in trees. you can get low powered subs for 22lr but i still wouldnt want to shoot them in the air.

plus there not that accurate i dont think. you get a good robb lane mod or a john bowkket carbon mod for the fac air like i have and mine is as silent as a 12ftlb air rifle and mine is running 30ftlb !

it depends on what ground you have at the end of the day to the 22lr still mite rebound on parts of some peoples land. where the fac air will cut down on that. i think the slower the 22lr bullet to the worst it is.

STICK TO RAPID 7 MK1.

MY FRIEND IS SELLING HIS (FAC ONLY) RUNNING AT 50FT/LB FITTED WITH LOGUN SILENCER. SPARE BUDDY BOTTLE, QUICK FILL, SLING, NOT SCOPES THOUGH.

VERY ACCURATE, POWERFULL. V.GOOD COND. 35 SHOTS FULL POWER.

Thanks for all your replys

Its looks like it with be a rapid i have had them in the past and have liked them sub 12fps, Only got rid of it because of its weight as most for my shooting was done on foot, Hopefull in a few weeks it will be done on a quad, Looking at FAC air because have just picked up another two golf courses and there are places on the grounds where i would not feel happy using the rimfire. Also allready tryed the cci 29gr could just not get on them.

Martin

MJT, Jamie G is talking sense, also you are right about the 29 grn,s runing at 30 ft/lbs, i gave them a trial on one of my jobs, no good, if you can afford to invest in an FAC air rifle and have the work to justify it i say go for it, just dont get drawn into the idea of well if it,s on ticket might as well have 50-80 ft/lbs, totally defeats the object.

Most of my rabbit clearance is done shooting wise with my two rimmys, but as you say there are places this is too risky, because of this i bought an Air Ranger running at 30 ft/lbs, medium weight quality pellets =flat trajectory between 20- 60 yds and better still infinetly safer on caravan sites and stately homes etc.

Go for it, you know it makes sence.

Regards MT.

MJT, Jamie G is talking sense, also you are right about the 29 grn,s runing at 30 ft/lbs, i gave them a trial on one of my jobs, no good, if you can afford to invest in an FAC air rifle and have the work to justify it i say go for it, just dont get drawn into the idea of well if it,s on ticket might as well have 50-80 ft/lbs, totally defeats the object.

Most of my rabbit clearance is done shooting wise with my two rimmys, but as you say there are places this is too risky, because of this i bought an Air Ranger running at 30 ft/lbs, medium weight quality pellets =flat trajectory between 20- 60 yds and better still infinetly safer on caravan sites and stately homes etc.

Go for it, you know it makes sence.

Regards MT.

thats right mate :yes: 30ftlb for fac air is about right .70 to 80ftlb is abit much as the pellets distort with that kind of power.

you can get the daystate slug pellets bu there very dear. not only that even at 40 pound your not going to get much extra distance then a 30ftlb. plus just that extra 10ftlb takes alot more air up and isnt as accurate i bet at 50 yards as the 30ftlb

STICK TO RAPID 7 MK1.

MY FRIEND IS SELLING HIS (FAC ONLY) RUNNING AT 50FT/LB FITTED WITH LOGUN SILENCER. SPARE BUDDY BOTTLE, QUICK FILL, SLING, NOT SCOPES THOUGH.

eally, I'm after one of those. Is it still up for grabs?

if you get a fac rapid make sure its a theoben fac rapid ,there is a lot out there what people have pigged about with so be carefull

mate :big_boss:

YOUR RIGHT,

BUT NOT THIS ONE. ITS BEEN UPGRADED BY A PRO GUNSMITH, TRIED AND TESTED.

:thumbs:

STICK TO RAPID 7 MK1.

DO YOU HAVE A FAC?

IF SO I'LL PM YOU WITH FULL DETAILS.

STICK TO RAPID 7 MK1.

DO YOU HAVE A FAC?

IF SO I'LL PM YOU WITH FULL DETAILS.

I may be new to this forum, but I'm not new to shooting.

I have an FAC with slots for 3 x air rifle, 2 x 22 rimfire, 1 x 223, 1 x 223, 1 x 7.62. And I'm badgering my local FAO for a slot for a 44 marlin underlever. (hopeful).

Anyway, I just sold an HW 80 (19ftlb) and my ticket is being updated with 1 for 1 variation to acquire another 22 air rifle.

And I'm looking for a rapid 7.

Mj