FAC - Bad News!

Well to be truthful, i feel like crying!

I have had my application, not even an application as it was just an enquiry, smashed because of the ground i had permission on. It is a floodplain and i have been told i will never get permission granted by the FAO. I had only enquired and was asking about .17HMR and .22 Hornet, my thinking being that chances of ricochet would be less, and bullet travel. Also the .22 for cf experience to help later on with my FAC.

Never mind! I shall have to stick to the air rifle at the moment.

But never the less, to keep myself happy i have just bought a new Baikal O/U .410 to use for the bunnies there as the land owner wants the bunnies controlled in a "quicker" way. So he has said i can use the shotgun more often providing i do it more quietly! That gave me the excuse to buy the new gun!

I am now completely stuffed for my application as i have no where else i can get permission for a firearm...what shall i do?

.Joe

that seems starnge. what sort of land is it and how large is it. if its pasture land and 80% of the time isnt underwater i cant see why unless it has a lot of habitation. the land will obviously be very flat but as long as youre above the target then whats the problem. i may be barking up the wrong tree here, the land would be perfectly accpetable for someone with an open cert to shoot on.

Others on here will have a lot more experience of FEO and land than me.

Thanks

ss06

Well to be truthful, i feel like crying!

I have had my application, not even an application as it was just an enquiry, smashed because of the ground i had permission on. It is a floodplain and i have been told i will never get permission granted by the FAO. I had only enquired and was asking about .17HMR and .22 Hornet, my thinking being that chances of ricochet would be less, and bullet travel. Also the .22 for cf experience to help later on with my FAC.

Never mind! I shall have to stick to the air rifle at the moment.

But never the less, to keep myself happy i have just bought a new Baikal O/U .410 to use for the bunnies there as the land owner wants the bunnies controlled in a "quicker" way. So he has said i can use the shotgun more often providing i do it more quietly! That gave me the excuse to buy the new gun!

I am now completely stuffed for my application as i have no where else i can get permission for a firearm...what shall i do?

.Joe

Who did you ask?????

that seems starnge. what sort of land is it and how large is it. if its pasture land and 80% of the time isnt underwater i cant see why unless it has a lot of habitation. the land will obviously be very flat but as long as youre above the target then whats the problem. i may be barking up the wrong tree here, the land would be perfectly accpetable for someone with an open cert to shoot on.

Others on here will have a lot more experience of FEO and land than me.

Thanks

ss06

I agree with sportingshooter, I would suggest if you are a BASC member giving them a call to see if they can help, but as sporting says I also with permission could shoot on the land. Seems a little backward. :gunsmilie:

I spoke to the landowner and a worker on the farm. The worker on the farm has a FAC and was applying for change of use and new permission and told me that our FAO came and looked and said it wasnt suitable ground?

Maybe my post on here was a little hasty, as i havnt spoken to the FAO recently reguarding my own application and size of permission...

I just had another look at the permission and cant now understand myself, why he was turned down?

Here is the permission

post-15386-1206403713_thumb.jpg

I'll get on to BASC tomorrow, as i am sort of flying a bit blind here, and need the help, then i'll get on to my FAO.

Cheers guys

.Joe

that looks a lot like a load of permission i have got,flat as a pancake, i didnt put it down on my application, but when i had my cert i phoned the licensing dept to check if the land was suitable for .222 and HMR , it was so happy days, this seems strange how it was refused as it looks like a real nice piece of ground, lovely and wide open for rabbits and foxes with a rifle.

Regards

ss06

I can't see why you shouldn't shoot there with a rifle. If it really is that flat then you may have to use a high seat, but it looks fine really. I have ground that looks similar cleared for 6.5x55, and that's next to a motorway! Get the decision first hand from the FEO. Is there any possibility the farm worker may be trying to put you off so he gets the ground all to himself? I don't like the sound of this much, something doesn't sound right to me :thumbdown: