Showing Terriers at Selby

Went to Selby Game Fair yesterday and spent an hour watching the terrier showing, as i've just got a pup myself i thought i might give it a go later in the year. However when i read the rules in the program it states that no docked dogs under the age 12 months could be shown.

I know this is the new ruling for the crufts type of shows, but surely the game fairs are aimed at working dogs not pets. And as no one is going to leave the tail on, and risk their animals health just to show their dog, this new ruling will spell the end of terrier showing.

Bloody ridiculous if you ask me:protest:

Went to Selby Game Fair yesterday and spent an hour watching the terrier showing, However when i read the rules in the program it states that no docked dogs under the age 12 months could be shown.

pathetic!so next year it will read dogs under two years old docked wont be shown and so on and so on??? always found the idea of showing dogs a joke!sounds like the end of the working terrier show :clapper:

:bye::clapper::clapper:
you try and find a vet thats docking with out that ticket your in shite i have found one in south wales and the bar stool wont 25 quid a pup then the cost of the travelin you put that on to the price of the pups and they will not sell 60 pounds in fuel 125 on docking its a big joke :censored::censored::censored::censored:
This is a good thing imo .

we will see who realy breed to work or for show :whistling:

yes i agree mate,now the the shows will be more honest, they soon will be called "working type terrier shows" not working terrier shows! and the show men will be there will their curley long tailed show dogs!!!!!!
This is a good thing imo .

we will see who realy breed to work or for show :whistling:

I breed for work but I will still dock makes no difference to me :whistling:

Thats excactly my point Donny the lads that are breeding 100% workers will still dock as there are ways of getting around this stupid law .

But my point is the lads that say there breeding for work but know that docking tails they wont be able to enter shows will they still dock?????????

alot of shows just arnt havin puppy classes even with the proper paper work - paying public or not even saw one show had a sapling class 12-18 months kelmarsh i think ? i`ve judged already this year one pup with an undocked tail and it was feckin awfull alot of pups with paperwork wher`nt allowed to be shown :wallbash: show organisers will just cop out of havin puppy classes . looks like if you want to show your terriers workers or not you`ve gotta leave the tails on :thumbdown: a lot of the lads at the show whe`nt sure which way to go with it some whr on about just takin the tip of the tails some whr`nt bothering with breeding some whr jackin showing . . how far do you take pups to get the tails done with the proper paperwork driving 3 day old pups half way arcross the country cant be good - how about getting a list of vets up on here ? say everyone phones round a dozen vets then post the results up - may not get many might be worth a try ? protest it`ll never happen terriermen stick together :whistling: look at some the threads on here about terriers just turn into slanging matchs . :thumbdown:

alot of shows just arnt havin puppy classes even with the proper paper work - paying public or not even saw one show had a sapling class 12-18 months kelmarsh i think ? i`ve judged already this year one pup with an undocked tail and it was feckin awfull alot of pups with paperwork wher`nt allowed to be shown :wallbash: show organisers will just cop out of havin puppy classes . looks like if you want to show your terriers workers or not you`ve gotta leave the tails on :thumbdown: a lot of the lads at the show whe`nt sure which way to go with it some whr on about just takin the tip of the tails some whr`nt bothering with breeding some whr jackin showing . . how far do you take pups to get the tails done with the proper paperwork driving 3 day old pups half way arcross the country cant be good - how about getting a list of vets up on here ? say everyone phones round a dozen vets then post the results up - may not get many might be worth a try ? protest it`ll never happen terriermen stick together :whistling: look at some the threads on here about terriers just turn into slanging matchs . :thumbdown:

the nearest vet to me is 130 miles away chepstow wales there is a site you can down load the paper work off but i can not find it anyone else know to it