a completly bad day

went out today not digging just a bit of exercise for the dogs. Severn terriers out in total all good working dogs apart from one the chap underneath in the pic. all the dogs were running about when my lakelad tryed to go to ground in a earth i have never seen before. me and my mate done our best to get the dogs on the lead in time all except one. this dog has never seen anything at all in its life not even a rat or rabbit. A few minutes went buy then we could just about make him out baying. :icon_eek: This earth is deep and impossible to dig as its an old quarry. :wallbash: five hours later and im thinking feck me this dog is keen. :thumbs: but by that time it was dark so we headed to the van to put the others away. as we get in the van who shoud pull up the pride of south wales police force and what a pair of :censored: accused us of fly tipping and sent us on our way half hour later. went straght back and the dog still baying can just make him out. left the cage there with food and some bedding and going to keep poping back and for . lets hope hecomes out soon and he is not stuck :no:

post-5643-1205012119.jpg

post-5643-1205012140.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You say deep,how deep you reckon?Is there no way of digging it im sure there would be a few lads on here near you prepared to muck in,not trying to be funny just a suggestion, hope you get the dog out, keep us updated.

good luck nobody likes to loose a dog

I am surprised that you gave up so quick when the dog was still working you say as if you wherent digging no problems happens ever day terriers down holes and a local dog last week which the lads had two different machines in digging and could not find for the dog to come out on its own after a week so dont give up keep going back and calling and with mates try a dig or my be your local fell & moorland my help rescue which for a tenner a year lads will come out a dig after three days if still no luck will then get a machin in to help with the amount of terriers you have my be worth joining I do hope you get the dog back .

kipo

thanks all for your replies i rang around a few of the local digging boys and they all said ther is no chance what so ever that you can dig it not even with a large JCB they recon it goes down about 15 foot and its solid quarry stone directly on top. i wont giv up me and a few of the boys have been taking it in turn to go back an forth to look maybee he is stuck?

thanks all for your replies i rang around a few of the local digging boys and they all said ther is no chance what so ever that you can dig it not even with a large JCB they recon it goes down about 15 foot and its solid quarry stone directly on top. i wont giv up me and a few of the boys have been taking it in turn to go back an forth to look maybee he is stuck?

Hi Mate when I read your quote I thought that you had giving up on your dogs that is why I jumped so now read your reply and good on you if the spot as been worked in pat by local lads you will know if it is a bad spot but if charlies at home and you heard baying there is a good chance your dog will come out when the job is done as if as you say charlie was at home unless the fell I would be hopefull you will get it back .

Lets use know out come .

best luck .

yours in sport

kipo

where to in south wales are you ?

if you anywhere near ogmore vale, me and my mate will come dig with you if you need us,

just give us the word ;)

thanks mate im in cardiff thanks for the offer though :thumbs: im shure he will come out soon

dog still to ground and your sat at your computer! :thumbdown:

if you botherd to read the post then you would have noticed that i said me and a few boys are taking it in turn to wait so if you got noyhing constructive to say :censored: off because i aint in the mood

where to in south wales are you ?

if you anywhere near ogmore vale, me and my mate will come dig with you if you need us,

just give us the word ;)

Same here, just PM me the details should you require assistance.......

you can hear the dog clearly baying...... how do you know it's not 3 foot in to your right/left and shallow, just because someone else said it's 15' doesn't mean the dog is in 15'... sounds like you haven't really tried, hope he walks out for you otherwise you're leaving a good dog in the ground...

Let us know, take some pics of the place...