HW 80

sambo123

Just wondered if anybody on here owns or has owned a HW80 and has a few tales to tell about quarry they have taken with it or any good pics of their quarry taken.I'd also like to here some thoughts and comments on this gun from you lot. Thanks in advance, Sam :)

I owned the 80(.22) in the mid 90,s what can i say as with all HWs good ,solid construction & probalies the best trigger unit ever built??It is still marketed as "THE POWERHOUSE".I kept it with the standard spring & took the usual quarry no problem at normal airgun ranges.As with all HW,s weight is the issue i had a cobra sling fitted on mine to take the stress off my puny arms :laugh: & the scope i had fitted sat on a 1 piece mount with arrestor block so the gun may have been nudging the 9.5lb mark :o if not a bit more.I have also owned 2 HW35,s 1 of each calibre again could,nt fault them, a lot of people like the HW95 might be worth a look at if you,ve got your eye on a HW :thumbs:

The 80 was what I called my 1st "Proper Gun" after plinking with cheap Chinese rifles up to the age of 14 the 80 was in a legue of its own, I remember seeing a second hand one in the local gun shop for £125 (a lot in those days) and just had to have it. The only problem I had to get one of my older mates to go in and buy it for me as I wasn't old enough, I also remember pawning everything I owned of any real value in order to get this gun. I kept this gun for nearly 4 yrs and it was shooting as good when I part exchanged it for a Diana Firebird (big mistake)as it was when I first got it. Only wish I kept it as it was truley the rifle that got me "hooked" on airgunning over 20yrs ago, reliable, bullet-proof, easy to use, pleasure to shoot and more powerful than anything I shot in the past. Heavy yes but compared to the piece of shite I part exchanged it for I would have considered the 80 a lightweight, a shooting legend from a thoroughbred stable.

I owned the 80(.22) in the mid 90,s what can i say as with all HWs good ,solid construction & probalies the best trigger unit ever built??It is still marketed as "THE POWERHOUSE".I kept it with the standard spring & took the usual quarry no problem at normal airgun ranges.As with all HW,s weight is the issue i had a cobra sling fitted on mine to take the stress off my puny arms :laugh: & the scope i had fitted sat on a 1 piece mount with arrestor block so the gun may have been nudging the 9.5lb mark :o if not a bit more.I have also owned 2 HW35,s 1 of each calibre again could,nt fault them, a lot of people like the HW95 might be worth a look at if you,ve got your eye on a HW :thumbs:

I grew up shooting my Dads HW35 export. Brilliant gun. I can still remember taking it out, while he took the shotgun from the age of 14. He's still got it & it outshoots his AA s410. Hell of a gun, I had it at the house, stripped it, reblued the barrel & relubricated it, a few months ago. I had a few target shots, in the garden. I've been using PCP's, for the last 5 years, and I'd kind of forgotten how heavy the bloody thing was! And don't get me started on the recoil! :laugh: I thought to myself, "How the hell did I used to hit 2p's over the length of the garden, with this pig of a gun!" Bloody good gun! :thumbs:

i picked up a nice specimin 80 for cheap!

best thing ever it was shootin over the odds when i first got it but ha it brought down and cleaned inside.

its a brilliant tool first time i had it out we cleared 62 feral pigeons from a building site(unfortunatley didnt have the camera!) these were all takin between 15 and 35 yards.

recently took a squig on a golf course i have permission on and dispatched it without an issue.

really good choice of springer!!

dan

80's are good guns but there is better out there. They're an older rifle and technology has improved to refine the shooting experience. You can buy an HW77 or 97, if you like Weihrauch. Or you could even go for a Air Arms TX200. You can pick up these guns for similar prices, on the second hand market, and you'll get a much better rifle.

80's are tuner's favourite and despite some putting out big power the above rifles will tune much better and shoot smoother. 80's tend to be over priced on the second hand market so be wary of big fees. A new 80 costs the same as a new, same spec, 97. With the gear available I wouldn't give the 80 a second glance unless it's extremely cheap, legal, and I'm on a small budget.

Nice Targa.

Must be a bugger to cock

Not just the 310mm barrel with the silencer missing is it?

Or is it shorter than that?

Its 320mm "hole to hole" :tongue2:

And yes, it needs some muscle power to cock :whistling: But I ordered a barrel weight, to have a better grip. Becouse I had to wait for the .20 version, I buyed me this, gunshop cut of the barrel. Its more "experimental", use it in the time that i have to wait for the .20 K barrel. (4to 6 months :icon_eek: )

Today am gonna zero my new scope, and try out the gun over the longer distance,(35-60 yards) curious about that.